Skip navigation

Thanks to all at Edition 38!

Back to the top

Thanks to all at Edition 38!

I would like to thank all of the Edition 38 crowd for putting on a great show! Noddy, please pass on our thanks to all who made such a great effort! I was one of the last to leave and was amazed and disgusted to see the amount of litter just dumped everywhere not only on the camp site but on the show field as well! It shouldn't need saying and I hope this doesn't apply to anyone from this club! But can we make every effort to make sure all our litter is disposed of correctly! We were all given a bin liner on the way in, not sure what else they could do! That was the only thing that spoiled it for me! The facilities were first rate, Baring in mind we were in a field! The atmosphere was superb and I think a show of appreciation is in order! Thanks again!……Walt!
 :nerd:

Back to the top
tell me about it i took 3 bags of rubbish home and i only went for a day,
it was a good show, but for ?10 entry the water ran out in the toilets and there was not many food stands, and the amount of hype about the germans coming over was a let down, also the amount of top class mk1s was poor, after Rajan won best mk1 last year you would think there would of been a few to challenge DUBHIT but the only one that did was the mk1 that won at Gaydon.

Please dont get me wrong Rajans car is out of this world and i love it in everyway, and Noddy and the guys put on the best show of the year :notworthy:  but it was my first time and after all the hype from last year and the build up to it i was alittle let down with  the lack of top mk1s in the same league as Rajans, the mk2 section was amazing tho so many good cars, also lots of corrados too.

Im going to spend the winter on maybe a new engine and a very different style engine bay as i got some great ideas of what to do from the show, 8)

Top show just not as good as i thought it was going to be sorry :oops:  

Darren

Back to the top
You cant force people to take Mk1s. Hey, if that was your only complaint then they have done damn well. I thought there was a good selection of food though.........anyone get a Chilli Dog..........man they were good.

Back to the top

Deako said

You cant force people to take Mk1s. Hey, if that was your only complaint then they have done damn well. I thought there was a good selection of food though………anyone get a Chilli Dog……….man they were good.

im not saying they had to take them, or force them as you put it, just thought there was going to be more, dont get me wrong i aint having a pop at anyone not when they put so much time and effort into a show,

Back to the top
I thought it was a great show in terms of quality of cars, though it is biased towards modded cars. It was nice to see the Lhasa Campaign, the low miles Helios Campaign and Walt's Rivage amoungst them!

I liked the stage thing - made it a bit different and gave some focus.

My only concern would be the weather. If it rained on that field I think it would put a lot of people off from going (me included!).

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
I agree that there could have been more food stands! I got 2 cheeseburgers and 2 cans of coke for ?8  8O

Glad the weather was dry, if not a little too hot as it could have been messy and difficult to drive out..

Might have made things easier if the cars were grouped a little more by make/model than club as I missed having a look round a couple of nice Mk1's

but generally a great day and great show!  :clap:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi to some of you!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
well thanks guys theres a few things to clear up  

as what as been said we cant make people  bring mk1s to the show that why i was over the moon to see you lot there  :mrgreen:

as for traders we make sure they dont charge to much if you think 3 pounds bad for a buger try 5 at inters  :x  toilets have been noted again and more will be there next year  :lol:  again

we dont pu cars in rows cos   its not our bag to much like being in the army and say if you had your mk1 sat there at every show and danny allen sat ihs next to yours at every show turst me it would get on your nevrs when everybody was round his all the time and not yours cos that the way people are and ive seen it thouands of times , also it give people a chase tomix with other people from diffent models not just the mk1 boys and girls

what people must relise is that 12 like minded dub people put  this show on out of there own pockets and for the frist four shows didnt even pay for themselfs :cry:  we kep trying and trying and every year the moeny goes all back in plus a heap more out of our own pockets to get it better and better for the peole we dont take a penny for oueselfs at all not like some shows  any body got any surguession were more then happy to lisen

Back to the top
I have a few q's if you are part of the organisation team…

What provision is there for bad weather as I would not be keen on going over a muddy field?

Can there be more rubbish bins and toilets next year? I saw a few cars running over glass bottles.

Was it originally intended the show and shine would be free to enter?

What profit/loss was made from the show?

Are there any rules on playing loud music from cars? I was parked next to someone playing loud heavy metal which I was not pleased about (I asked him to turn it down), especially as there was a DJ anyway.

Overall I thought the show was great - thanks for the hard work and please pass on my appreciation to the rest of the team!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
What provision is there for bad weather as I would not be keen on going over a muddy field?   what in your rally car ????  ( joke mate )

there are things afoot in the feild getting bogged down with rain from the farmer with these wood shaving things sorry dont know what there called

there will be more bins next yearand more toilets for sure  :D  as for profit and losses will have to wait a week or so to find out that mate  :cry:

theres should be nobody doing anuything to upset anybody wish you had come to see me, i would of made him turn it off  :mrgreen:  cant do anything if i dont know about it ….

as for rubbish mate spent 4-5 hours tidying up  :cry:  thats with out the  people that was doing it thought the day  :cry: just why cant people just put stuff in the bins or near them  :cry:  we try our best with the peole we have but if we have to start paying for people to help then the entry fee goes up  :cry:  and thats want we dont want ……. show and shine has never been free mate and didnt even pay for the tophys there was over 4k worth there  8O  saterday and sunday as the sunday one were glass this time

Back to the top

Daisy said

tell me about it i took 3 bags of rubbish home and i only went for a day,
it was a good show, but for ?10 entry the water ran out in the toilets and there was not many food stands, and the amount of hype about the germans coming over was a let down, also the amount of top class mk1s was poor, after Rajan won best mk1 last year you would think there would of been a few to challenge DUBHIT but the only one that did was the mk1 that won at Gaydon.

Please dont get me wrong Rajans car is out of this world and i love it in everyway, and Noddy and the guys put on the best show of the year :notworthy:  but it was my first time and after all the hype from last year and the build up to it i was alittle let down with  the lack of top mk1s in the same league as Rajans, the mk2 section was amazing tho so many good cars, also lots of corrados too.

Im going to spend the winter on maybe a new engine and a very different style engine bay as i got some great ideas of what to do from the show, 8)

Top show just not as good as i thought it was going to be sorry :oops:  

Darren
im sure susans campain could of given dubit a run for it money  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
As i said in previous post it was a great show best of the year, just thought i would bring up the few things that could make it better, toilets/food/etc… i was not having a dig at all, it is great to look forward all year to a great show just thought that if it could still improve each year it would not suffer as GTI Inter has.

Noddy thanks for all the tips in the car, but you have now made me start to spend money again,  :banghead:  :banghead:
top tips tho :y:

Ps. can there be some dog bins as my wife carried dog poo for an hour as we could not find anywhere to put it :(

Darren

Back to the top

susan-and-noddy said

as for traders we make sure they dont charge to much if you think 3 pounds bad for a buger try 5 at inters  :x  

Ouch! I retract my previous statement about the price of burgers

I had food at around 1pm and managed to find a bin within a minute of looking near the toilet area, shame about some messy folk

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I'd liek to extend my thanks to Susan & Noddy too! Top day out (Just wish I had longer there) I'm sure we'll have a much larger presence by the club next year.

The variety of cars there was fantastic and the almost 'hap-hazard' way they are laid out in the field does add to it, like you say noddy, all in rows can look a bit military and certainly when you've got a big field to play with it suited just right! :wink:

Top show and I can't wait for next years… :clap:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Dog poo bin!

Good idea as I would love to bring my two dogs next time! Having said that, keeping hold of it would give us something to throw at the 7am claxon boys and the buffoon who wheel spun around the camping area from 6:30 onwards shouting "Morning" in a stupid voice!  8O

Back to the top

Daisy said

As i said in previous post it was a great show best of the year, just thought i would bring up the few things that could make it better, toilets/food/etc… i was not having a dig at all, it is great to look forward all year to a great show just thought that if it could still improve each year it would not suffer as GTI Inter has.

Noddy thanks for all the tips in the car, but you have now made me start to spend money again,  :banghead:  :banghead:
top tips tho :y:

Ps. can there be some dog bins as my wife carried dog poo for an hour as we could not find anywhere to put it :(

Darren

well ill look forward to jugdgeing it again mate …… remember its not how much money you spend :D  that does nt make a show cars its where you spend it……. and with a few little things done under your bonnit you would get them vauble points needed and trust me when i say the were only 4 points in it for second place and thaT WAS BETWEEN 3 CABBYS…   yours the red g60 and the one that  took second place its was that close mate
               we have alreadystarted on next years show already and more toilets will be there we only had two blocks and one block of showers last year and thought that fours blocks off toilets and two showers would be better but they werent  :cry:  at a cost of 500 pounds each there not cheap how even hopefuly going to have six blocks of toilets this year and going to try and get a laidies one turned in too a mans one …… as there was only one sitter in the mans this was the major prblem as the lager and bugers kicked  :banghead:

Back to the top
cheers mate, but i dont do it to win show, i do it to please myself, having it featured in the Golf+ was a plus,

and a few style tips you gave were great, this week ive have had new carpet in the boot and all trimmed in leather to match the seats, engine out next, then the engine bay painted, cant say no more tho have to wait till E38 next year,

does it really take a year to get the show ready 8O

Darren :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Daisy said

cheers mate, but i dont do it to win show, i do it to please myself, having it featured in the Golf+ was a plus,

and a few style tips you gave were great, this week ive have had new carpet in the boot and all trimmed in leather to match the seats, engine out next, then the engine bay painted, cant say no more tho have to wait till E38 next year,

does it really take a year to get the show ready 8O

Darren :mrgreen:
yes mate a year and we were still running around the nigth befour like head less chickens  :cry:

Back to the top
come to think of it, was the best show ive been to…

toilets were a bit classy for a portaloo aswell!

only thing i never liked was the bumpy road that made the cars dirty. saw some chick in a decked polo stuck in the entrance coz she was too low and some other bloke in a mk2 reversed only to find his bumper was on the floor infront of him!

:dontknow:

Back to the top
Thanks to all behind E38! First big car show i've been to and i thought it was a top day out! Will be there next year!

Hi to walt and chudd who i met (think it was you walt?) and sorry i didnt meet more of you guys, there was too many cars to see! Also i sleept in so missed getting on the stand as i said i would.

To all those who showed and shined…  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Andy

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)

Back to the top
Hi to walt and chudd who i met (think it was you walt?)

Hi Andy yes it was Walt and me you spoke to . He was the one with a Chubby belly  :lol:

I also have to admitt that it was one of the best shows i have been too , so much to look at , buy and eat all in one great setting . Well done Edition38 crew  :D  

See you next time cheers mate

Chudd…………..

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.