Skip navigation

Fuel prices

Back to the top

Fuel prices

I was lucky last time as I filled up a day or so before it happened!

I'll be filling up late over the weekend!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
where i work nr Abingdon 98.9 per litre and in fleet on my way to work 92.9 guess where i filled up…….. i'm doing a 700 mile round trip per week for work……….. the payrise they gave me to stay here will only just cover the cost of the of the fuel i am using…….. but i am doing it in a company car which is a clio and it is so bloody boring…….. so if a strange blonde in a black clio is waving and flashing her lights at you……….that'll be me lol lol lol

Back to the top
The Fuel Prices are Killing me as i have now resorted to a Moped to go to  work,

There are 3 places where the Fuel Prices are cheaper
1st one being the Shell Staition in Reading Just by J/11 of the M4 opp Hp
2nd one is in Borne End near Maidenhead Shell and
The 3rd one is in Southall Tesco Station.
I avoid going to BP & Texaco as they are really expensive.

I hope it goes down or i will have to stick on a Push Bike Instead of a Moped. :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Chips - the final solution

Out neighbours run a dirty big four wheel drive…

on chip fat  8O

see; http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/

"portion of chips and pump 5 please"  :D

Ali

Mars Red 1.8 GTi Cabrio 1985
Seat Covers
Scratches
Leaky roof
1 million smiles per hour

Back to the top
I remember the last fuel protests. I had a mk2 GTI at the time and I clearly remember driving home from work at 55mph on the motorway and running out of petrol 1.5 miles from my house!  :evil:

Took me 3 days before I could rescue my car!

Love the government quote in the BBC article…

The Treasury said cutting tax would not solve the problem of high oil prices.

True, but cutting tax would solve HIGH PETROL/DIESEL prices IN THE UK!!!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Last fuel protest meant I had to use the Train. And what an experience that was. !!! The worst thing I ever did.
I had to get some-one to run me to the station, then go to Basingstoke and change to go tot MK central, then go to Stafford. No Taxis at Stafford station due to Fuel strike so had to hunt around for a life !!! Then coming back thru MK to Croydon South, then Croydon South to Basingstoke then to Yeovil standing up as there was no seats and not enough carriages.

Wouldn;t be so bad if the public transport was up to scratch but it just isn;t.

And the local garage was charging ?5 / litre !!!! And wondered why they were boycotted for months afterwards the idiots  :lol:  :lol:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top

cabby18t said

MR-GTI, Is that all stations in Norwich ??
Might be worth a trip to fill the tank.

yep thats the one on the ring road - Sweetbriar rd - and the one on the a140 ipswich road, the one at long stratton is normally a penny or so more..
I think the reason for this is the local competition one station is near asda and the other near tesco so ithnk this keeps the prices keen

Back to the top
The petrol station I saw in Bradford had taped a 1 on their sign in front of the other digits to make the price! :x

I cant believe that even red diesel is over 50p a litre now. 4 star wasn't much more expensive than that when I started driving, and that wasn't too long ago.

Some petrol stations actually had a price war back then and I used to fill my tank for ?17!Only lasted a few weeks though.

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
says on Sky News that the 'fuel lobby' are planning to protest again.

good news I reckon

Back to the top
yeah heard this on the radio too, may the force be strong this time, they wouldnt put up with it in other countries so why should we.  while we are on subject fags and beer too………………………….. :wink:

Back to the top

tomo320 said

while we are on subject fags and beer too………………………….. :wink:

:?  :?  :?  Not sure where this might go know you know  :lol:  :wink:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top

Back to the top
Just paid 100.9p a litre at a Shell near me… seems they have pumps that can display 4 digit's  :twisted:

I feel robbed

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
As per the New its going to gety worse, where it was 64pence a Ltr has now crossed the ?1 mark

Dont belive these plonkers they are going to suck us dry. :banghead:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
haha turbo, straight as an arrow me mate! seems to be all the good stuff gets taxed more, if they ever put a tax on the old 'five-knuckle-shuffle' i will need another job 8O

Back to the top

tomo320 said

haha turbo, straight as an arrow me mate! seems to be all the good stuff gets taxed more, if they ever put a tax on the old 'five-knuckle-shuffle' i will need another job 8O

:lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I have already started looking for antoher evening Job mate...... :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
It cost 40 quid to fill up my driver yesterday at only 91.9p at morrisons! Bloody rip off! Used it all in that day too. But didn't pay a penny for the fuel! Result?

Owner of a Golf Driver 1.6 G Reg running
twin choke weber carb 32/34. More to come!

Back to the top
Of the 6 local-ish petrol stations (north london) 3 have closed within the last 2 months. Guess their land was worth more then running a business. Of course now, with higher oil price and a lack of competition, you can watch the price rise before you eyes  8O

Glad i the gti can give me perfomance AND economy (although not at same time :wink:)

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)

Back to the top
one of my mates is posted in germany (army) and he emailed me today pointing out that his tax free petrol is 40p a litre, which is why all squaddies drive big 4x4's (the car is tax free too). i thought about calling him a ****er (insert any 4 letter word in here) , before realising he could kill me with 1 finger.

i am seriously looking into a lpg conversion now, fuel is half the price, no congestion charge, reduced problems with cold starts, potential reduction in insurance and many sources even claim an increase in mid-range poer.
on the downside you need an extra (steel) fuel tank and top end poer can be reduced (but we shouldn't ever notice that  :twisted: )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.