Skip navigation

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

Back to the top

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

check this beast out

deako i think this used to be yours didnt it?

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
That yours low?

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
yea lol looks mint in that picture :lol:

that gti spoiler makes it look better from the front now, cheers for that..bargin too :wink:

Back to the top
Cool - I don't like those Mk3 bolt ons - much better with the proper chin on.  You put it on already?

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
That was my old one, you know i didnt even realise!!! :o  8O  :lol:

Back to the top
fitted it the same day crazy, wasnt a very good fit but a drill and some extra bolts fixed that… :twisted:

yea deako i've got shed loads of receipts for the car, some in your name too :D  thats how i knew…

Got any history/storys bout the car? it goes well i know that much..  8)

Back to the top
I bought the car in 2000. It was my first GTI and spawned this love i have for them. The previous owner to me had had it for 15 years, they shed a tear when i drove the car away. Unfortunately it had picked up some scrapes and scratches while they owned it, despite them caring for the car dearly.

I paid ?1200 for the car back then.

I sold the car onto my parents for a while and they used it to run about in. Then the time came where they needed another practical car and sold it onto my mate for ?300 in need of a fair bit of work. He bought a few parts for it, but it remained in his garage for some time.

Then another lad from our region of Club GTI bought the car, and used it as a daily driver to get to college and back. He sold it on to another member from our region and he spent a bit of time getting it more roadworthy with new shocks etc. Although in all this time it never got the body restoration it needed.

After that one of the guys from the Edition38 forum bought the car, pretty much resprayed the whole thing and replaced a fair few panels. I believe he may have even converted it to a 16v for a while, before changing back to an 8v to sell it on. He spent even more cash on making it look like it does today, which is a damn site minter than when the previous owners had it.

So there we have it, a rather brief history of my 1st Love!!! :D

Back to the top
nice read! Would love a 16v it it, but think it will do me for now.

i'll be giving it  full respray soon thought as there are a few rusty bits here and there, will defo need a new bonnet as the underside is rusted a fair bit.

I'll be selling the interior soon and getting a proper gti trim i thinks, seats are really comfy just dont look right on my car though.

Yea i've even got some hand written receipts for purchasing the car..

5th January 1984 the car was sold from a michael j day for ?5250 and 8th April 2000 you bought it for ?1050

and the month after you must of bought some 15" rvr's, whatever they look like… :mrgreen:

dont suppose you got any old pics of the car do you? would be nice to see some….

ps sorry for thread hijack

Back to the top
Thread hijack indeed. but then i suppose we are still discussing one of the cars that was present at the event.

Here was how she looked after i bought her, im into more subtle styling than the Kahn replicas that were on it then:-

Back to the top
I remember lowmk1's car, because I parked next to it; and we were the first to meet up at the M6 Knutsford. It certainly is low, I had a quick look and couldn't work out how much. I know some of its lowness is achieved by lower profile tyres, but there must be suspension mods too. It made mine look positively high, what with it being standard GTI height.

Thats my next dilemma, do I start on the slippery slope of subtle little mods, like lowering, Mk2 16V master cylinder, etc etc. or do I keep it completely standard?

Back to the top
aye sorry about that low :oops: , if you are round here giz a shout mate

Back to the top
I feel really bad for not attending in the end due to poorley health over the weekend. :cry:

I missed ut on something that i was looking forward to,

Never mind though there will always be next year  :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Yeah top day-  pity we couldn't stay long… ours was the, erm, characterful yellow Mk1…

Whoever it was that offered to spray her… YES PLEASE - WE WILL PAY!!! We now have all the panels to fix her up (thanks Crazyquiff!!) - with the exception of a rear bumper (rocking horse poo - and way too expensive for us). Don't worry we never take offense at the way that the old girl looks - she  looks a state at the moment and was definitely the worst car there.

You never know, RKT 609S may look tidy by next year…. and she may even have a playmate soon 8)

NO Golfs at present!!!!:-(

Back to the top
I loved the cow style interior, was tempted to get a close up!!  :wink:

Work in progress doesnt necessarily mean its the worst car there, im sure a beautiful butterfly will emerge from the cocoon!!  8)

Back to the top

paul_c said

I remember lowmk1's car, because I parked next to it; and we were the first to meet up at the M6 Knutsford. It certainly is low, I had a quick look and couldn't work out how much. I know some of its lowness is achieved by lower profile tyres, but there must be suspension mods too. It made mine look positively high, what with it being standard GTI height.

Thats my next dilemma, do I start on the slippery slope of subtle little mods, like lowering, Mk2 16V master cylinder, etc etc. or do I keep it completely standard?

Alright paul, nice to meet you. Cant help you with the mods, its down to you..if it were up to me i'd upgrade the breaks and suspension and bring the handling more 'up to date' and make it handle like a gti should!  :)

Look forward to seeing it at the next north west massive meet

tomo yea m8 dont worry bout it, your citi looked a minter if im down that way (when i figure out how to use maps) i wanna have a gander at your collection…

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
NW Massive meet? When where etc???

Rather than rabbiting on on this show thread, I'll start one up regarding the advice on mods. lowmk1, if you're looking for a good quality red interior, I have one, problem is its in the car so it would need to be some kind of swap. I am after a mint grey interior (ie stock for the black car) so it could possibly involve a 3-way swap (eg if someone wants to swap their grey one for your leather one).

Back to the top

vick_b said

Whoever it was that offered to spray her… YES PLEASE - WE WILL PAY!!!
That would be me! if I had the time I'd gladly spray her up for you, although lacking some space!… let me see if I can borrow a friends garage and get some other jobs sorted out and see what I can do!

I'll drop you a PM when/if I can

DISCLAIMER: only sprayed my car before, can't garantee a "perfect" job  :lol:

vick_b said

she  looks a state at the moment and was definitely the worst car there.

apart from the artistic paintwork it doesn't look too bad at all IMO

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Where exactly  is the Ragley Hall Mega Meet ???? :?

Thanks

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Thanks

Ragley Hall……???? :dontknow:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

allana13 said

Thanks

Ragley Hall……???? :dontknow:

Serious for a mo!! It in Alcester, Warks I think

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.