Skip navigation

do you remember your first time ?

Back to the top

do you remember your first time ?

FWP 811X lemon yellow 1.3CL in 1993. Broke down on the way home after just buying it for £300. 8O  Had to blow down the fuelpipe back into the tank. - Yes you are correct - rusty filler neck and had blocked the filter on the pickup pipe in the tank! :lol:  

3yrs motoring, 60,000 miles and sold it for £250! :mrgreen:

Picture is my mate stood by it after we had just watched Colin Mcrae cross the finish line to win the 1995 RAC rally in North Wales and take the championship!

Back to the top
1979 GLS FSE745T dark green paid £400 for it in 1991 and as it was my 1st car it was only a matter of time before i wrote it off :redfaced:  but it was only 3rd party so i bought(err.. ma granda bought) EHS286X a red 1.3 cl  for £250 and i later put a scirocco GLS 1.6 engine and box into it 8)

Back to the top
kgh 585y i think mine was, i know its not about as i scraped it a few months ago as it was as rotten as a pear :cry:

Back to the top
A756FAD 1.3 driver, bought on here last april, took just over a year to get it mot worthy. Now off the road again :(

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
i've had my first vw bout a year now, im a latebloomer tho never was really interested in cars till i saw my black cabby UAG 83W sat on side of road with for sale sticker in window, bought it there and then (in hindsight not a wise move for someone who doesnt know much bout cars and hadnt passed his test) :redfaced: anyway a year on now and the car has had it numerous problems fixed and i got round to passing my test (wish id done it 15 years ago) and was loving driving it till the gearbox went  :banghead: will be sorted by end of the week tho yay!!!

Back to the top
A German import left hooker…. NMC 691R bought back in 1985 and lasted about another year before the rear beam broke free of the floorpan, due to excessive rot. The car had a serious amount of rot in it and and I was always fighting a losing battle.

I loved that car but came to the decision to switch of the 'life support machine' (welder) once the car started to steer from the rear and replaced it with a Mk1 Scirocco. The Mk1 bug had bitten me !!

DubPartz

Back to the top
Volkwagen Golf driver 1.3. registered october 1980. KJD 237 W. 9 owners (i'd love to know who they were). no colour changes. no stolen record. not scrapped. no record of a total loss claim by insurers.

7 years after perchasing it for £800 it is still my daily drive and looking better than ever! I love it.

Back to the top
A207AMK was my first mk1 and still going strong although slightly different than the day i bought it. followed by a white Gti WRC 70Y which i drove and then used for parts on the rebuild of AMK. Then 3 cabbies and still have the F reg one

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.