Skip navigation

Convoy down the M6 to Gaydon !

Back to the top

Convoy down the M6 to Gaydon !

Now Walt you do mean Knutsford and not Birch?! :lol:
Never trust Walt he'll have you at the wrong service station as I experienced! :banghead:

I would like to therefore confirm Knutsford! :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

convoy!

Ah yes but look how your old buddy Walt looked after you when you got there! You had a drink and an FHM to go at and a lift to gaydon in good company!! So it wasn't that bad!! 8O

Back to the top

tomo320 said

i have paid, still waiting………. how will they know who we all are when we get there for free entry thing? all they know is im called tomo320

Please see this thread. Will get there, don't worry!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top

Re: convoy!

walt said

Ah yes but look how your old buddy Walt looked after you when you got there! You had a drink and an FHM to go at and a lift to gaydon in good company!! So it wasn't that bad!! 8O

This is true…. but I thought it was a maxim :lol:
No but seriously you're a trooper for taking me down.  :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
nice 1 fellas, whats your route then?
cheers,
paul
p.s i gotta pick someone up near birmingham but its on way

Back to the top
walt im north east of you mate so probably easier to come over to you first then plod down m6 if thats ok with you fellas,
cheers,
paul

Back to the top
Paul

You want to go M1 to Junction 23a then A42/M42 to Junction 34 on to  M40 come off at junction 12 for Gaydon , 2 hours from your door .
M6 will be way out of your way , M6 boys will have to leave M6 at M42 junction so would be best to meet there ?
I will be going but not in MK1  :oops:  See you there?

Cheers………

Back to the top
Glad to have you on board chudd….the list grows!

Like your new avatar mate….. suits you, ya little chimp :wink:

Back to the top
nigel!, wondered where u had been mate, i agree with u on the route mate just thought it would be nice to get involved in convoy thing, you are welcome a lift mate anytime. probably go meet up with the rif-raf tho :wink:

Back to the top
Hi Kins & Co.

Would you be able to stop at Frankley Services on the M5 to meet me (past J3) ? Not many service stations round Brum. It would just mean M5 / M42 / M40 instead? Let me know if that fits in.

Cheers
Mark

Back to the top
bump

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Ok just to start the ball rolling again can everyone post their preferred pick up point only….

eg "Knutsford services"… Thanks :wink:

Back to the top

kins said

Ok just to start the ball rolling again can everyone post their preferred pick up point only….

eg "Knutsford services"… Thanks :wink:

you getting that desperate kins?  :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Can you give me a time for Knutsford or Sandbach services?
Definitely going to Gaydon, starting from S. Manchester - it depends very much on how early you're all going
Cheers everyone

Back to the top
yea wat time for knutford services  :dontknow:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Awwww man this is a mission….. I dont know what time yet because I don't how many stops we have to make :banghead: .

Firstly what time does it kick off at Gaydon? :dontknow:

Once I know that I can do an AA routeplanner from my house to the 1st stop at Knutsford….. then any stops after that I'll route plan from knutsford to ??????? and so on…. so I need every ones pick up point before I can say a time.

Ya get me?

Back to the top
Frankley Services on the M5 South round Birmingham please  :y:
Should take around 30 mins from there I reckon.

Back to the top
Frankley is probably good for me too. Although I'm from Nottingham, I'll be staying overnight at my mum's in stourbridge south of Brum, otherwise the next services en route are those only just up from gaydon on the M40 which would mean the shortest convoy ever!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Hey russt I'm stoppin over night in Dudley just of the stourbridge road which is 5mile away from your moms. Shall we have a mini meet before we meet up with the others @ frankley?

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
see what we can do. Don't have a road map in front of me at moment but will def get back to you.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.