Skip navigation

Polish off

Back to the top

Polish off

Forget these "sound off" competitions the new craze is "Polish off's"!
That's right and remember you saw it here first.

Golf MK1 vs Megane Coupe

MK1 Golf using : Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine
Megane Coupe : Zymol Cleaner wax

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Is the Mk1 on original paint? Bit unfair competition if it is. Looks more like a "show off" to me! :wink:

Who's the lady with the Megane?

Banner

Back to the top
Wish I had a better camera.

The golf is not on original paint…. wish she was.
She been resprayed at some point in her life (poor finish I might ad). I'm saving up for a respray.

It's a bit unfair really although my car has crap paint shes still black and shiney 8)  The yellow meggy has no chance.

So what if it's showing off….. just did it for a laugh.  :lol:

My mate Si is fuming you called his car a ladies car 8O

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
How much better does your Mk1 look than that drab Meggie!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

dubboy said

Is the Mk1 on original paint? Bit unfair competition if it is. Looks more like a "show off" to me! :wink:

Who's the lady with the Megane?
The "lady with the Megane" happens to be me.

Its quite funny the attitude difference between members on my club and YOU dub"BOY" ( i take it you must be 12 with comments like that)

Quote taken from the coupe-club.co.uk:
looks very clean nice one. and the golf looks sweet

I always read this Forum as im Kins mate, this is the first "dumb ass" comment ive read, hopefully the last.

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

How much better does your Mk1 look than that drab Meggie!
obviously not! :roll:

You must be colour blind pal, my cars yellow hardly drab.

Back to the top
Si - each to their own  :wink:

But even a meggie in yellow is drab imo  :D

No offence like!

Back to the top
still better than a Puma :lol:

Back to the top
Don't upset Si….. he's a nice guy. He loves his car so don't slate it. It's a very clean example of a megane coupe. 8)  He looks after his cars so we need to convert him to be a MK1 owner……. :roll:

Back to the top

kins said

Don't upset Si….. he's a nice guy. He loves his car so don't slate it. It's a very clean example of a megane coupe. 8)  He looks after his cars so we need to convert him to be a MK1 owner……. :roll:

Never gonna happen, i like creature comforts too much :lol:

Wouldnt mind one as a track day car though! :D

Back to the top
Now your talking  8)

Back to the top

:P

Lookin sweet! where you gettin your spray done? Im gettin mine sprayed with dano's m8 after tatton…

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
The "lady with the Megane" happens to be me.

Its quite funny the attitude difference between members on my club and YOU dub"BOY" ( i take it you must be 12 with comments like that)

Quote taken from the coupe-club.co.uk:
looks very clean nice one. and the golf looks sweet

I always read this Forum as im Kins mate, this is the first "dumb ass" comment ive read, hopefully the last.

Si,

It was a joke for a Golf enthusiast, please don't take offence as none was intended. Don't you have light-hearted posts on the Megane forum then?

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top

lowmk1 said

:P

Lookin sweet! where you gettin your spray done? Im gettin mine sprayed with dano's m8 after tatton…

Don't know low…. I need to research into what sort of price I should pay.

Just want it sanded back, the odd dint smoothing and then blowing over with a top quality finish…. (with inside the doors seal area sprayed too.) Not a bare metal job. It's just the prep and final blow that lets it down.  :cry:

While the windows are out I want a new roof liner fitted.  :wink:

How much do you think I should be paying for a respectable job? :dontknow:

Back to the top
When i had my first 1 sprayed it cost ?500, and that included flushing the tailgate and sorting the rear arches out. It was like a mirror, but coz it was my first car i drove it everywhere 24/7 and went a bit ott with the t-cut(i used to think it was polish) it ened up with aa orange peel affect..which is not good…

Dano payed 800 for his, and from what i seen looks mint!

But i want some other stuff doing at the same time so im looing at about 950 i recken :dontknow:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Si love your misses yellow car, :y: only teasing bud

Kins, mine is having a bare metal jod done for ?1000 but he is a mate, he also did my cabrio.

a sanded down and all over painted my mate said he would do yours for around ?500-?600 hes very good, he does alot all split screen campers.

Kins you have pm

Back to the top

Daisy said

mine is having a bare metal jod done for ?1000 but he is a mate, he also did my cabrio.

8O That is good! even for mates rates…. I always thought bare metal reprays were around the ?2500 mark!

?500-600 is a good price for a sand and spray IMO! must consider doing this if I get good enough at spraying :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I use to have a yellow megane convert when I moved house. I got all sorts in it e.g. an armchair, 2 fridges, loads of carpet and a few doors. Sorry I'm gettin it mixed up with when I hired a skip..  :?

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
:lmao: LOL……….Ev you should sack the Dj'ing in and take up comedy.
Genius! :lol:

Back to the top

Daisy said

Si love your misses yellow car, :y: only teasing bud

Kins, mine is having a bare metal jod done for ?1000 but he is a mate, he also did my cabrio.

a sanded down and all over painted my mate said he would do yours for around ?500-?600 hes very good, he does alot all split screen campers.

Kins you have pm

sounds like a very fair price……. if he's nearish I'll get in done.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.