Skip navigation

My First GTI *Update With Pics*

Back to the top

My First GTI *Update With Pics*

:mrgreen:

You have no idea how good my weeked has just been. The hardest thing of all was seeing my baby get towed off down the motorway :cry: but like some1 on here said, onwards and upwards…

I got my first ever GTI on saterday evening, and shes a beaut! Needs a respray but thats it.

Gave her a good clean inside and out and shes looks  8)

Its an 82 1.6 GTI
Tan Leather interior(mk1 storm)
Mongoose Stainless system
Modded air box, K&N filter

Im undecided weather to moddify her or not, its gonna be getting a respray soon and im gonna renew all the bits of trim but dunno wether to get coilovers again…she handles great as it is and i dont wanna be choppin my arches up again…

Oh yea and i cant belive how fast this thing is, compared to my lil 1.1, took her down some country lanes this morning and i couldnt stop smiling my face was like this all the way  :mrgreen:

I'll try and get some pictures up later on today

:D

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Well done low - you done the right thing  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Sounds good! Pics required!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
:evil:  no pics yet, cant find the memory card for the diggi cam!!!

But…got insured on it at 11 this morning and i've already gone through nearly ?10, ooooh bet the locals love me!

Since driving the mk1 i've only come accros a 1.2 corsa who thought his combat kit n bean can exhaust could take me on.. :twisted: …psssshh

1 thing i have noticed tho, the car rattles all over..just driving at 30 the amount of rattles and sqweeks the interior makes…adds to the experiance tho i think :)

Will deffo try and get some pics tonight

Back to the top

lowmk1 said

1 thing i have noticed tho, the car rattles all over..just driving at 30 the amount of rattles and sqweeks the interior makes…adds to the experiance tho i think :)

grab yourself some foam, then when the time comes when you need to remove something inside, pad it out! eventually you'll have no more rattles and means you won't be spending days hunting down that annoying squeek  :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

lowmk1 said

grab yourself some foam, then when the time comes when you need to remove something inside, pad it out! eventually you'll have no more rattles and means you won't be spending days hunting down that annoying squeek  :wink:

Good idea i think its mainly the dash thats doing it, but this time round i dont wanna remove that as thats how things get broke…..from experiance :roll:  8)

Back to the top
Worth checking all the screws in the dash etc (haynes has diagrams to show fixing points) a lot are hidden away. Found when I got my GTI that a lot of these screws were just a bit loose, may have never been touched since leaving factory. A quick tighten got rid of nearly all rattles.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
update with pics:

t-cut'd and polished today….

Any coments welcome… :D

Back to the top
Needs a respray??? WHERE 8O?? The car looks awesome… Congrats to the "rattle box"… the nickname on my car :lol:… but all you need are some winding roads and any sound except the engine is not even noticed :mrgreen:

/Mike

-84 GTI Mars red (campaign)

-94 Audi S2 RS Avant

-98 VW Passat Variant TDI

Back to the top
very nice mate, be good to see it at gaydon, have you got anything planned for it?

Darren

Back to the top
Looks  8) seats could do with a good clean but otherwise…good work  :mrgreen:

'98 Championship White Honda Integra Type R

Back to the top
I know its a bit cheeky to ask, but how much did you pay for it? And how did obtaining insurance go? I'll be buying a similar car very very soon…..!

PS Surely its had a respray at least once - the side stripes are missing?

Back to the top
seem to have sorted the little rattle box out now, doesnt make any sqeeks, just fitted my brand new Apline 9853R with a 4 channel amp so its drowns em out :mrgreen:

first i'll be getting rid of the front spoiler and fitting a gti one when i get one, next month i'll be getting some fk coils and polthane(spelling) bushes, respray, rear hatch sticker, red rear lights, single wiper…ermm basicaly loads of stuff…my list is massive.

daisy i want some of them club stickers, you got any left?

ollie, i've trid some mers leather cleaner but it does fek all!!!?? sod it…can i add black leather retrim to that list please… :mrgreen:

Back to the top

paul_c said

I know its a bit cheeky to ask, but how much did you pay for it? And how did obtaining insurance go? I'll be buying a similar car very very soon…..!

PS Surely its had a respray at least once - the side stripes are missing?

straight swaped it for this…

i've got 1 years ncb, 3 points 20yrs old… 950 squid nips not bad eh? was at least excpecting ?1500 3rd party

Back to the top
yea i thinks its had some sort of respray on the drivers side as it has indeed got the drivers strips missing..

Ne1 know how to remove the passengers side?

Back to the top
IVE MADE LOTS AND MAKING ANOTHER DESIGN FOR GAYDON,
T-SHIRTS, KEYRINGS, WHAT COLOUR DO YOU WANT I HAVE WHITE, GREY, BLACK,

Back to the top
nice 1, i'll have 3 white 1's please, can you post em or pick em up at gaydon?

Back to the top
bring them to gaydon or pm me your address mate if you want them sooner,

Darren

Back to the top
To get the side stripes off have a go at heating them with a hairdryer and peeling them back. Petrol / thinners should help get the sticky crud off that will be left afterwards.
Are you sure on the red lenses ?  Got a new set of clear if you want to try them on your car and see how they look (can bring to next NW meet if you want to try them). Was going to put them on my old black one, but sold it before I did.
Cheers,
Mark

Back to the top
Looking good low!!

REf cleaning the leather, try AutoGlym foam interior shampoo/cleaner first. Then the leather cream they do. It's silicone free so not greasy. Did it on my leather steering wheel and whilst it's well knackered made a huge difference, much softer but the foam cleaner shifted loads of crud!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.