Back to the top

What cars have you seen off?

Yep, you'd better be careful or this might happen!  :banghead:

Was in a 60 zone! :roll:

Back to the top
Bugger , looked like a nice day too .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Gutted!  :oops: Although if I got up to 84mph I'd want someone to take a picture to prove it!  8)

Back to the top

kins said

Woah Woah………………..Stop right there!

Just a friendly warning before any one starts bragging what speeds you have done and your racing stories……………

My friend is a member of the Megane Coupe Club forum……

He was telling me that a girl on there was boasting what speed she has had out of her car……………… someone dobbed her in and she was taken to court and punished accordingly.

I'll see if he can fwd the link over to me when he gets back off his hols.

Just a thought to bare in mind!

Curious about this, how could a court make a valid prosecution without evidence? Under EU law is not possible to incriminate yourself, according to the human rights act.

Anyone?

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Interesting point you have there Drew!

I'll post the link to the thread as soon as I can find it.

Is it self-incrimination or is it counted as admitting to a crime?

I'm not to hot on my law :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
I was able to hold off a V12 Jaguar XJS all the way across Milton Keynes (about 12 roundabouts and 3 miles) - he was quicker on the sections between the roundabouts, but I outbraked him one each one and was able to go through at about 50mph each time (he had to do them at about 30). He started to get really frustrated, but I was having a great time 8)

Before you get worried, I should point out that it the roads between the roundabouts in MK are dual carriageways, so the speed limit is 70mph, and it was 4am in the morning…

Back to the top
I managed to keep up with a Scooby turbo at the weekend (Just couldn't get past it!!).  Not bad even with my TSR mods.

Back to the top

robo123 said

I managed to keep up with a Scooby turbo at the weekend (Just couldn't get past it!!).  Not bad even with my TSR mods.

Must have been a crappy UK "Sport" version. They aren't too quick.
My mate has an import WRX and there is no way I am keeping up with that!!!  8O

Back to the top
It was a Turbo!!!!!  And he was nailing it!  My Gti has 150bhp but never thougth I could keep up with a scooby……………..

Back to the top
Yeah the UK cars are Turbo's, but they are nowhere near as quick as the Jap Imports.

If it was an older "Classic" shape rather than the newer "Bug Eye", a quick easy way to tell them apart if you are behind one - the Jap Imports have a rear windscreen wiper - the UK cars don't.

Back to the top
Ross wrote

Yep, you'd better be careful or this might happen

Quite a crisp photo for the speed it was taken at :wink: .

Don't normally go in for the trafiic light Grand Prix, but had to a while ago when a youth in a fatboy mk3 GTI (probably 8V) pulled up to next me at the lights reving away. Easily beat him to the limit (40mph) and then let him go flying past in search of speed cameras :dontknow:  Also had a fun drive home one night round backroads following a late 80s BMW 528. He was giving it a bit and the back was sliding through the corners  somewhat, easily kept with him :D

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
I obviously don't drive my racing Mk1 on the public roads (I wish I could sometimes), but it's about as quick to 60 as my Civic Type R was. It's a blueprinted 1600cc with no other mods. It's probably pushing about 125bhp. I bet it could surprise a few things out there :twisted: .

Back to the top
Its the old power to weight ratio , modern cars are weighed down with all the creature comforts people demand of new cars . I know certain suspension companies list different packages for cars equipped with air con etc.

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
I'll see what I can find out about the Human Rights stuff and self incrimination….

What about theose guys who film themselves speeding… and it brings us nicely back round to the copper who was let off for 'testing his vehicle'….self incrimination on the video?  :twisted:

Leave it with me!!

Dan

Back to the top
Suprisingly I dont get much hassle in the MK1 - maybe respect  :wink:  I used to get goaded all the time in my MK2 & S3.
Only 'realy' raced a MK3 GTI and it did much worse than I expected - was way behind by third & the fella nailed it first.   :D

Back to the top
not that im saying its right, but have you seen them getaway in stockholm videos? the porsche goes back to his garage at the end!! now im no criminal mastermind but he wasnt sharpest pencil ever

Back to the top

kins said

Woah Woah………………..Stop right there!

Just a friendly warning before any one starts bragging what speeds you have done and your racing stories……………

My friend is a member of the Megane Coupe Club forum……

He was telling me that a girl on there was boasting what speed she has had out of her car……………… someone dobbed her in and she was taken to court and punished accordingly.

I'll see if he can fwd the link over to me when he gets back off his hols.

Just a thought to bare in mind!

Sorry got the story wrong :oops:
She did not brag about her speeds………….she actually took 3 points for speeding on her boyfriends behalf. Her boyfiend was close to a ban because he had too many points on his license and she took the wrap. She admitted it on the forum and this evidence was used.

I would send you a link but it's in a members only area of the forum.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

…she actually took 3 points for speeding on her boyfriends behalf. Her boyfiend was close to a ban because he had too many points on his license and she took the wrap. She admitted it on the forum and this evidence was used.

Just shows you how the web can be a dangerous place - it's not clever to speak of such things in public verbally (eg: at the pub), but it's even more dangerous to admit them *in writing* in a public place…

Official statement by me: "…of course it would be better not to be in a position to have to think about doing such things etc, etc…"

Back to the top
How fast are zetec s's? Quite evenly matched altho from standing he didnt stand a chance, what are they 1.6? 16v?

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
My brother has a 1.4 16v fiesta and has blown me away many times.

By todays standards the MK1 is a slug.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.