Skip navigation

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

Back to the top

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

Right this thread was creaping down into nothingness…. so BUMP!…………………………BUMP,BUMP,BUMP god darn it BUMP!

Ok my Evo magazine came through the post and what dya know…… I very well written features called "Nurburgring- The ulimate ' ring guide"!

Cool huh? So buy peeps buy :wink:

Please don't let this thread die! :cry:

Lets do it, the ring is calling! :clap:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
i know it was on top gear again on sunday, i could not stop picturing loads of mk1s speeding around it. :lol:

Darren

Back to the top
I'm up for it, specially if can meet sabine (is that her name??) but not in a transit though!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
There is a "Ring Taxi"! (well actually 3 & Sabine Schmitz drives one of them :D )

175 euro's gets you a 1 lap ride. Seems quite steep but between 3 of you it's not too bad. You have to book well in advance (up to 1 year)
+49 2691 93202020

Rude 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Don;t worry chaps - I've not forgotten about this!! (Honest :wink: )

Seriously, I'm looking to get this organised as a club event for next year but at this point in time priority must go to the Gaydon meet next month. Therefore, any silence on this trip doesn't mean it's forgotten or that nothing is being done.

Watch this space…..no….. this space!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Bump...... Any news on this Hairy? :dontknow:

Back to the top
now this could give me some MAJOR motivation to get the MK1 out the garage.!!!!

And hopefully take it b4 I change my mind and put it away again  :banghead:  :banghead:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
my old Mk2 on the ring a couple of months ago.. current owner who is a good friend cant say enough how good his ring trip was.. he's planning to go a few times next year!!..

i'd love to join the convoy if it works out!.. just need to get myself a Mk1  :roll:

Back to the top
I'm planning on doing 2 trips next year too . One with hairy's trip and then again in october , trouble is i have to wait until the 2006 opening days are posted before i can get dates .

Mk1 turbo at the ring -  can i have a passenger lap ?  :roll:

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top

kins said

Bump…… Any news on this Hairy? :dontknow:

Will be sorting AFTER Classic Car Show! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Willie Wontie get there :dontknow:

if he does ill come!!!!!!!

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top

Dougelove said

Willie Wontie get there :dontknow:

if he does ill come!!!!!!!

ummmm……good point ……….. long way to drive me MK1……….. I might get there but the MK1 might not. Anyone know how often Petrol stations are on the journey. I need one every 100 miles to be safe on fuel for the thing!! :banghead:

Back to the top
Service stations are slightly less frequent than here in the UK. Even with 100 miles (!) you should be OK though, especially if you carry a jerry can. It is against the law to run out of fuel on a motorway in Germany  8O

Banner

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Carrying a "Jerry" can in Germany seems a bit ironic  :lol:  :lol:

There'd be enough people around to push me I reckon though :wink:  :oops:

Back to the top
I was worried about this too but it turned out alright , same rule as southern ireland - don't pass a petrol station .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Coming in under the radar at a later stage……

Has a date been mentioned for this 'adventure' ?("Here we go again"..DjEv)

I've just had a quick flick through the thread but can't find one.

I have more confidence in the motor after the flying MOT!!

Dan

Back to the top
i might well be up for this too, name a date

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
BUMP

Chaps, leave your interst/feedback here for guy on this. We had planned nurby trip this year and I'll be honest, with current work levels I'm struggling to find the time to sort it right now  but it seems silly to re-invent the wheel.

Comments welcome but go for it!!

Andy

Who will volunteer then ?   I have to hand it too geezer that his trip is well planed GEEZERS TRIP

But it would have been nice  :D

Back to the top
any dates for when mk1 owners club german equivilant is meeting, is there a 30th aniversary meeting/ show would be good to go to that. rather go to wolfsburg, not to bothered about ring, well not yet.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.