Skip navigation

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

Back to the top

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

Don't worry Al I now know exactly how you feel!

clearly I was insane to think she'd be happy to go (or let me go, although don't fancy the trip driving alone!)

but no…..  :banghead:  :banghead: DENIED!

maybe if there's a track meet in the UK

Still going to work on it though! persistance is the key :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Would be well up for a Mk1 only track day - that would be awesome…  :D
It would be less frightening for us "Track Virgins" if we all know that the other drivers aren't going to risk pranging their pride and joy by trying to undercut you on a hairpin!
Somewhere fairly central like Castle Combe… What do you think. Seperate thread maybe?

Back to the top
castle coombe sounds great, we should try to meet up there this month on the 23rd they are having a vw track day.

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Castle Combe… What do you think. Seperate thread maybe?

That's what the misses suggested for me to do as an alternative! not far and dead cheap

Deffo a seperate thread and maybe it could be sheduled in a month or so before The Ring so anybody worried about driving on a track could familiarize themselves!

I noticed on they're web site there's a few club days! maybe it'd be something this club could do?  Annual meet and track day meet every 3 or 6 months :dontknow:

Back to the top
Did castsle coombe a few months ago , excellent cicuit , shame about the weather . Would be interested to do it again , and Al shame on you being a trackday virgin with Pembrey Just on your doorstep .They have an open track day on the 23 of sept where i'm hoping to test out my car before the ring .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
I might try and get to castle combe this month for that VW track day!

fingers crossed i get it finished  :clap:

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

DOH - I soooooo knew I shouldn't have read this thread! I want to come now, but I won't be allowed  :cry:  Impossible to bank that many brownie points full stop, let alone in time for next year! :banghead:

Al you could use the "If you really loved me you would let me go"
or if you're playing by the rules try this……..

http://www.dogtulosba.com/blog/Boysnightout1.doc

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Hey Kins how many of them have you filled out  :wink:

Back to the top
Not that many lately mate! One of the joys of being young free and single.
Nobody loves  me :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: Having a MK1 was a good substitute.

Walt has beared comparisons between his cab and a new item of clothing. He says he can put it on and go out feeling great. (He thinks it will help him pull too! :lol: )

I'm really hurting now mines gone(and I hate not having a MK1 :lol: ).

When I get Ratty2 she's going to feel like wearing a Boss, Cerrutti or Zegna tailored suit…….rude 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

Kins car

Yes but kins...I only described mine as a nice item of clothing because yours made you look like a grubby street urchin! 8O

Back to the top
You dissin Ratty  :x  ?!

Mate at least I did not rub the MK1 over with a fluffy w****** mitten!

I saw the pleasure on you face when you buffed her up - Clean freak 8O

Back to the top

wolfs nurb

Hmmmmmmmmmm lovely fluffy woolen mittens! Hmmmmmmmmmm! 8O

Back to the top
Back on track (excuse the pun :lol: ), what's the best way forward to make this trip happen people?!

Back to the top
Just spotted this too 8O  Have not read it all yet maybe we can steal there plan!

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51215&TPN=1

Back to the top
So can we have a show of hands please that are interested in going next year. :)

Back to the top

wolfs nerb

Maybe we should have a show of hands only (no unneccessary text) thread on here!? :|

Back to the top
:y:

Back to the top
:banghead: I'll say no more!

When you guys go.. I want to see LOTS (and I mean lots) of pics, video footage… Anything!

Back to the top

geezer said

Al shame on you being a trackday virgin with Pembrey Just on your doorstep .They have an open track day on the 23 of sept where i'm hoping to test out my car before the ring .

I know -  :oops:

Pembrey is not so well know for track days though. The "open days" as they call it are apparently used to test race cars before race days so I wouldn't really want to be on the track with them…

Pembrey doesn't seem to organised either which is a bit worrying.

I have been round the circuit as a passenger in a race preped Civic. My god it was quick! and the kink in the back straight seems awful sharp at over 100MPH!!!

Back to the top
:y:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.