Skip navigation

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

Back to the top

Wolfsberg Nerburg trip!

I was talking to hairy arse a couple of days ago! The conversation went something along the lines of….Isn't it quiet on the site recently! Everyone is pre occupied with shows etc!! What we need is an event of our own really worth doing! Wouldn't it be great to arrange for next year, a trip to the Wolfsberg factory and the Nerburg ring! Imagine a convoy of hundreds of mk1s! What a weekend that would be! Just a thought at this stage but feel free to show your enthusiasm….It might just happen! What do you think?  :nerd:

Back to the top
I've been saying to the girlfriend how I want to take my mk1 round the ring!  Geezer put a link on here with times and prices.. think it was about ?8 a lap or something!

I'd be there (if welcome)! in fact the only thing that could stop me is injury or the girlfriend…

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
sounds good mate, me and a few mates are thinking of it for next year in our mk1s, would be good to get together and all go,

Back to the top
Well I would be more than up for it, want to go go back to Wolfsburgh soooo bad…

But I need to buy a bloody mk1 gti, and all the ones I have enquired about are either sold, or dont seem too keen because I am from Glasgow, and everyone thinks that I am at it and a timewaster  :(

Back to the top
As Phil said the link to one of the best nurburg ring sights is    Nurburgring.org.uk

Excllent site with loads of info .

Hoping to have my stag weekend at the ring my mates think i need a fitting send off , hoping to make it a sort of gumball thing . My trip is planned for the weekend of october 9th leaving sat morning from cardiff and returning on tuesday ,that gives us one full day at the ring on sunday and an afternoon on monday (often much quieter).Anyones welcome .Will probaly use the tunnel and then across belguim . Will post date , crossings and accomodation if anyones interested .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
I'd be interested Geezer but am away for the first 2 weeks of october  :banghead:

Back to the top

Wolfsberg, nerburg

Why don't we all, next year, instead of celebrating our birthdays at the time, go to Germany to celebrate! That way all you married chaps can ok it way before so she can't stop you from going later! (cos she promised!)Also anyone who wants their family to came can B?&&ock them if they won't celebrate your birthday with you (cos lets face it you always celebrate theirs!) Also everyone will all be celebrating their birthdays together! What do you think?  :nerd:

Back to the top
:lol: I'll haggle and do both… think I'll be due to spend a few well earnt brownie points

Back to the top
just a thought.. perhaps Crazy can supply spares during the trip  :wink:

maybe they would do a discount group/club buy on laps as well :dontknow:

Back to the top
sounds a top idea Walt, lets do it.

Back to the top

Wolfsberg, Nurberg!

Thats what we need! A bit of positive talking! Hairyarse!! Feel free to chip in any time!  :D

Back to the top
Sorry walt - been away most of week and away now til weekend :(

It looks already like there's enough interest - at end of day even if only a few come I'm sure will be a top time away. If we plan a trip for next year some time we will have plenty of time to make it a real top event

Will catch up this when I return from trip

Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Count me in

1982 Mk1 GTI 16v Mars

1978 Mk1 GTI 1.6 Mars

1975 Mk1 LS

1996 Mk3 Cab VR6 Turbo Project

1998 6n Polo Black

1984 UR Quattro Red

1961 Lotus Elite Silver

Mk1 & 16v Golf's Breaking for spares

Back to the top
I would more than happy to help  organise another trip next year , Hey by that time i will have a bit of knowledge of the ring and how to get there . So count me in , it would be a good trip I have a mental image of a gaggle of mk1's charging down that final straight ,way cool.

Back to the top

Wolfsberg nerb

There you have it folks! Geezer freely admits his fantasy about a large group of men and a thrashing around the ring!! 8O  Can someone put a link on to some kind of psycho sexual therapy site!! Cheers! Don't worry Geezer! Help is at hand! :)

Back to the top
Cheeky bugger

Back to the top
Count me in too. If my car's not running by then I'll buy a working one and come anyway.

In the meantime I think I'll put in some practise on Gran Turismo. If my real driving's anything like my PS2 antics I'll need another car when I come back!

Back to the top
aye ill come along, dont know about the ring' bit but will come for the giggle, i take it we are gonna be driving there in same cars YOU are gonna be going round a track in? if so ill show you all how to drink and spectate :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Wewill always need a photographer tomo .

Back to the top
i can hold your handbags while you lot go on the rides :lol:   did you suss the photo thing out?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.