Skip navigation

coming?

Back to the top

coming?

West side in it?! aiiiiii

NWM rocks! 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Ah!!!

So i guess we Berkie's, Londoner's, Oxie's, Bedie's can all meet up & go together ….

What Say??????

Cheers 8)

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Don't forget us Essex boys!!!
 :P Jjl.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Sorry Mate :oops:

Yes you guys could Join us @ the M40 as well its straight up from there.

:wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Can I be the Ringer for the day? I will be travelling from Hatfield and afterwards up to Preston. The NWM has a big catchment area!!!

I can meet the convoy on either the M25 or the M1.

What time is everyone thinking of getting to Gaydon as it took about 1 3/4 hrs last year via the M1.

Dan

Back to the top
Dano Mate cant you guys use the M40 as we all can meet up only if it is Convenient

Besides the M40 will be a lot quicker than the M1 in my experience.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
I was going to go M6 onto the M42..... any use?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Kins Mate

I guess you are coming from North Down so i guess its diff as i was corrected.

I am trying so the Essex & the Londeners meet us Half way

Will be wicked seeing 10-20 cars go in a group :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
You're not wrong mate… Yeah I'll be cruising down the M6….. with my possy. When I round them up! :lol:

Back to the top
I might go….

Dunno if my car could take the 2 hour drive tho :?

Kins where you meetin dan n every1?

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Low you got to come! I'll be your mechanical support. (I'll Tow you there if I have to!) You've got to have confidence is your MK1.

Get some RAC membership then you'll be invincible!
There is talk about getting club discount off breakdown assistance but I don't think anything has been sorted yet. :cry:

P.S I'll pack my jumpleads and tow rope! :lol:

Back to the top
:lol:  nice one :wink:

So whats the dillio then? where you meeting every1?

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Once evryone who has submitted there stops into the convoy structure I'll organise pick up times. Could be a logistical nightmere but it will be worth it! :nerd:

Back to the top
I'm hoping to scrounge a lift with TC and I expect we'll be joining the M25 around Potters Bar (J24?), and then heading up the M40.

There is a slim chance my Campaign will be back on the road by then, but I'll have to get all the brake lines replaced and front / rear bias adjuster before then as well as getting it through an MOT - could be a tall order before the 28th as I have a weeks holiday before then too….. still, you never know, might be possible!!!

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Guys…just to make it clear, I will be setting off from Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The M25 junction 22 (The Bell) is closest or the M10/M1 as an alternative.

ChrisB if you need a lift up, you've got one but I will be heading off up North after the show with the NWM.

Anyone else Herts area?

Dan

ps getting the car serviced next week specially!!

Back to the top
Thanks for the offer of a lift Dano, but I am hoping that TC will be going up in his Mk1 and I need to come back down in the evening to London  :D.

Chris

Back to the top

Dano said

…Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The M25 junction 22 (The Bell) is closest or the M10/M1 as an alternative.

Anyone else Herts area?

Dan

I used to be Herts area! Nice to be reminded about these places, Dano, as I variously used to live in Sandridge and Harpenden, near St. Albans, when I went to Uni in Hatfield. Lived there '93-'99, now moved back home to Dublin, but still like (driving the roads of) Herts a lot…

Back to the top

Type17 said

Dano said

…Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The M25 junction 22 (The Bell) is closest or the M10/M1 as an alternative.

Anyone else Herts area?

Dan

I used to be Herts area! Nice to be reminded about these places, Dano, as I variously used to live in Sandridge and Harpenden, near St. Albans, when I went to Uni in Hatfield. Lived there '93-'99, now moved back home to Dublin, but still like (driving the roads of) Herts a lot…

the bit about the driving roads in hatfeld/st albans!

i second that! :mrgreen:  :wink:

im at potters bar junction too, not sure wot time im goin and if my mates r going and all that yet though…

Back to the top
I have been away for a week or so. Have I missed any posts anywhere as to the arrangements for travelling up from Herts/ North London areas?

ChrisB, G60RGE, you and your mates still going?

Let me know asap as I will be setting off down South on Friday, around lunchtime and may not be able to get to a computer after that.

Ta, Dan

Back to the top
I'm still planning on going, but will be on hols for most of the next week so away from a PC.

I am still hoping to share a lift up with TC with a bit of luck, although between us we are not sure what in yet  8O . My Mk1 is a no go, and last I heard his Campaign may not be a goer either  :cry: . So I think the backup is either a loan of my sis's weezy 1.0 Polo or perhaps TC's cab (as in Metrocab, not Mk1 cab!!).

I'll be going from SE London round to TC's (which is on the north side of London, just off the M25 near Barnet.

If you post your plans on here I can catch up when I get back from hols or email me via my profile on the forum and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Chris

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.