Skip navigation

Whats the age difference between you and your car?

Back to the top

Whats the age difference between you and your car?

He's Sub Zero… but close enough!

Name what you want russt I'll find you an avatar!

You can have the mouse if you really want him but because I've changed I'll have to find him again.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Doh! told you it was a while! OK can you do me Scorpion? We could have a weird kind of MKGTI thread??!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Not sure about a animated one but I'll see if I can find an image for ya :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Cheers kins. Thinking about it lots of the members here could be likened to MK characters. Dare I ask for a suggestion for Walt??

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top

Back to the top
Sorry mate the link wouldn't open :(

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Try now....

Back to the top
Hey kins thanks. I've tried to attach it. Has it worked?

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
obviously not

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Y'all want old….I'll give you old ……. +39 and I've had it since new.

my zimmer frame has a rootes blower fitted (for obvious reasons)

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
superworm you star
                          +39 makes me feel young again

Wow hang on the Wife would be +27 . Looks like i will never feel young again  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Chud

It was actually 39 yrs 11 months but I didn't want to brag!!!!

The old b*gger may well be laid up at the mo but its in a h*ll of a lot better nick than me

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
I don't like to be reminded how much older than my Mk1 I am, I think its 17+  :cry: .

How about this for an intruiging thread idea though - someone posted a while back on how you could decode the chassis VIN to work out the exact day your car was produced…… so for all those with +ve scores…..

Can you work out what you were doing on the day your car was made? Hehe, that should get you thinking  :wink:

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Superworm……………………………
i like you.        i now feel so much younger

mandy :cheer:

Back to the top
Superworm, you're not alone (not that you're worried) - I'm +34 and I don't think I'll ever grow out of it.
Even though it's MOT day with 4 new tyres, service, brake job, electrical work.
That just leaves the bodywork, the rattly heat shield on the exhaust and windows that you can't wind back up without 3 hands….

Back to the top
Mandy

If you moved from Farnham to Oxfordshire you're certainly heading in the right direction…..keep going and you'll finish up in the North West (God's own GTI country!).  Where in southern England can you have fun with a GTI ???

David…I also had three handed window winders…then the window bottom support channel fell apart…rusted thru.. Replaced the channel and oiled the regulator mechanism and then nearly broke my arm 'cos it then went up and down like a supersonic yoyo.

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
sorry superworm…….. i ain't goin no furver norf…………i ain't got a passport.

Back to the top
(me=29)-(car=22)=7

Back to the top
Im 23 my car is 22. +1. My old car we were the same age. :D

Back to the top
+9 for me :roll:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.