Skip navigation

One rule for them another for us.......

Back to the top

One rule for them another for us.......

Dano said

Put yourself in his or any of his collegues possition, its 2am, an Impreza or in the old days Cosworth is reported stolen. Its sighted and drives off, a chase/follow/pursuit begins. What would the owner of the car want?
A. The thieves to be caught?
B. His car back?
C. The police officer to call off the pursuit when the speeds reached 100mph?

I do agree with what you're saying as yes you dont want the first time he chases someone to be the first time in the  NEW car at high speed but as with regard to the above if it was my impreza  which had been stolen i would rather they didn't force the thieves into a chase and make them go faster as they are more likely to crash - most high performance cars now-a-days have a tracker fitted so sit back and watch where they go, no one gets hurt and you catch more people as they may take it back to the ring leader??

Back to the top

Dano said

I would suspect that a good number of people who have posted objections have been caught speeding and it sticks in your throat….I have and it does mine!

yeah got caught on monday 37 in a 30……yes i should know better but before you judge me it was a dual carriage way no houses or slip roads…first time ever caught speed and this has really P1$$?D me off.

Back to the top
I've 'participated' twice in the 'road safety initiative'…Great isn't it!!
Each morning I have to run the gauntlet of a laser camera in a van, in a 50mph, going up hill. Its only a matter of time I feel!

The other side of nicking high powered cars these days is for the crimes that are committed while in the thieves possession as well as stripping them for parts etc. Crimes such as ram raids, robberies etc need a swift exit from the crime scene so it follows that if the stolen car and occupants are stopped then a more serious crime isn't committed and the public don't get hurt. Its the damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No one said it would be easy though!!

Dan

Back to the top
Sorry i have nothing good to say about the police! That guy should have had his driving liscence removed from him! I got a speeding ticket for 37mph in a 30! What a pi@@ take i thought! but i did get away with it luckily by changing the appearance of the rear end. :lol:

I had a copper try stop me in the G60 Mk1 but he had no chance, I cant stand these idiots and think everyone with a car quick enough should put there foot down! Excuse being if you get caught, that you felt intimedated and threatened by them and have heard stories about police beatings in the area!! What can they say?? Who`s side are they on??  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Another one was when some little idiot in a mini hit the mk1 and failed to stop, I proceeded to follow the person whist on my phone to the police(this was before it was illegal) who did absolutly sod all so took this into my own hands by stopping the Thugg and gave him and his car a Good slapping in front of various members of he public   :oops: I`m not  impressed with my actions and luckily never got done for this!  this person had no insurance or liscence which means i get nowt even if the Pigs did find him!!!    :banghead:

Roof Down,no tunes and no interia! Uuummm??:)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Bloody hell boo thats a bit harsh? They are human and they have a job to do. Some do a good job and some do a bad job but really you should be blaming the judge, he let him off.
I got pulled over by the police once in my mk1 coz I had no number plate on the front. I explained to him I woz havin difficulty finding a number plate holder and he give me the address of VW breakers near chorley. Yes I've been done for speedin over 4 times and will get done again no doubt but I cant hate them. I just dislike some of the decisions they make though.

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
OK folks, just a general reminder here on whats acceptable and whats not content wise  :wink: . You should all have read the rules, if not please do so now.

I know this is an emotive subject for some, and by all means feel free to express your opinion, but keep it clean and reasonable - I think you know what I mean.

Remember that this is the public face of the club to the outside world and we need to bear in mind the sort of image the forums give.

As I say, discuss away to your hearts content, but please keep it clean - your granny may be reading these forums  :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
:clap:
Well said DjEv,
                    I know a fair few Coppers and even I don't like them all!!

:wink:

Well put.

Dan

Back to the top
sorry to those guys that thought i was harsh on the police but they havent ever done me any favours, in fact i felt like i got targeted by them for a while and i can only imagine they think the same about me.

Back to the top

one rule for one....

Just read the comments on police, I know quite a few police and all are decent people! Even the ones who have pulled me have been ok! I think the problem on both sides is stereotyping people and allowing your prejudice to affect your behaviour towards them! If before you even talk to the policeman you have decided you don't like him, why would he take a liking to you? My advice would be just be pleasant! I don't believe for one minute that police have nothing better to do than ruin your day!

Back to the top
I think as others have said its important to try not to tarnish all people from a certain group with the same brush based on a few bad experiences.

Personally I have never had any problems, in fact quite the opposite, policemen I have deal with when stopped have been helpful and professional. I know everyone has different experiences, but hopefully you always give someone the benefit of the doubt first time out unless they give you reason not to….

Anyway, probably best to try and keep further posts on this topic "on topic", and to do with the original incident.

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
I completely agree that it's out of order to tarnish all people from a certain group. However, my experience with the police (esp. traffic police) is that they do exactly that to the general public as a whole (well, that's been my experience anyway).
It's understandable that dealing with scumbags day after day can leave you with a jaded view of society, but I've been on the wrong end of peed-off policemen too many times, and I'm afraid it's left a lasting and sour taste. I'm no scumbag and I don't expect to be treated like one by the police.
First bad experience was having parts nicked off my Mini when I was 17. Walked into the police station and reported the theft to be told 'what do you expect us to do about it' (exact words) by the officer behind the desk. I could bore everyone with a string of other incidents. However, the one that sealed it was driving back from Manchester one night. Passed through Salford and someone threw a fence post off the motorway bridge. Hit the bonnet and (luckily) went under the car. Phoned the police from my mobile and they arrived about 15mins afterwards. Was told it was the 'new craze' in Salford and someone was going to get killed soon. Told no chance of catching the criminals, and then was invited to take a breath test (!)  Nice. Needless to say I hadn't drank a drop. Two weeks later it was reported on local news (Granada Reports) that the same thing had happened off the same bridge in Salford. The object dropped had gone throught the screen of the girls car and she was in intensive care and needed reconstructive surgery to her face. Manchester Chief of Police was shown talking about a terrible "one-off", etc, etc. What a sick joke. 2 weeks earlier I was told it was the new craze……….
Anyway, I've ranted long enough. I'm sure there's plenty nice coppers out there, but I'm afraid I've never had a 'positive police experience' to date !
Cheers,
Mark

Back to the top
I hope i havent made myself look like a scum bag?? But what do you expect when the first thing a copper says to you when he/she pulls you is"give me your keys" in stressy manor?? havent they got anything better to do?? like go catch heroin dealers or something?
 I think we`ve all seen those police beatings on the tv havent we?? Where some poor guy gets slapped about!! well that happened to a friend of mine whilst i was with him, it wasnt nice whatching 2 coppers slam his face into his bonnet so hard that it dented it! Then i saw a copper punch him 3 times in the face causing him to bleed, then let us go because they new they`d hurt him too bad to put him in a cell. All that because they didnt like the looks of him and thought he was a trouble maker!  Need i say anymore??

The Police are the scumbags here i think!

End of subject for me!!

Back to the top
Walt
I know quite a few police and all are decent people! Even the ones who have pulled me have been ok
Sometimes when you meet people you can tell what their like but others just surprise you  8O !
Yo walt your definately goin on the agm meetin on ya own now.

Back to the top

one rule for

Ouch.....DjEv you know how to hurt!!

Back to the top

one rule for

To say you hate Police for doing their job ie for pulling you for speeding is the same as hating dj's who play agadoo by black lace at party's in old peoples homes!!……..Sometimes It happens!!! Right DjEv!!

Back to the top
anyway well done on sunday walt, didnt go i went to the bristol one, but saw pics of the show.
Darren

Back to the top
Sorry walt didnt get that last comment of agadoo by black lace never heard of em :dontknow: . Obviously your record collection is a lot more varied than mine. Is this the kind of stuff you play when you have the hood down to pull the women? :wink:

Back to the top

black lace

Not any more...The laydeeez love Chris de Burge!! And tight fitting T shirts!! :D

Back to the top
Walt…. I am beginning to see you in a whole new light  :lol:

Chris

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.