Skip navigation

The quest for capacity-Audi 2.0 8V conversion how's it done?

Back to the top

The quest for capacity-Audi 2.0 8V conversion how's it done?

Kins, i got 165bhp at TSR yesterday! :D  8)

Back to the top
Fantastic! Thats more like it mate.  :mrgreen:

Did you put a few of the valver boys to shame? :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Hello Karlykins i am making sure your behaving yourself!!
I have purchased a new throttle linkage today so easter is looking more and more promising!!!

Be good

Rebuilding Again…

Back to the top
Dan the man!

I've never seen you on this site before cheeky!

Have you done a newbie post and posted some pics of the beast? :dontknow:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
There is a good section on building a 2 litre engine in The New GOLF+ magazine .  With colour pictures so even Kins will understand it  :lol:  

Dated april 2006 ……………  

Cheers……………

Back to the top
Cheers Chudd, Hope it's writen in really big font so you could read it too Pops! :wink:

Back to the top
:lol:

Back to the top
You know i forgot to go buy that magazine! Doh :banghead:

Any way an update on the slowest engine conversion in history….

I have a new part… well nealry I've just bought a Supersprint manifold off PhillTMK1GTI should be making its way to me soon. :D

Another small step in the right direction…

This is how the shopping list now:

Shims for this head (still need to build it up),
Samco hoses - red ones,
Stailess hose clips,
Uprated clutch (any recommendations? I was thinking black diamond or AP if they do one),
Steel head gasket,
Head - stretch bolts,
Manifold gaskets and studs/bolts,
Red high temp paint,
G60 rocker cover,
Rocker cover gasket.

An engine stand… so i can work on it easy … strip it down and send all rotational parts to be lightened and balanced.

Blinking eck I need a job. Only a 5 weeks left then I'm not a student wahoo. The project should really get a shift on when I have time and money :D

Watch this space.

Back to the top
This engine is forsale! Check out the forsale section!!!! 8O

Back to the top
hi guys wonderin if anyone can help out,done a conversion a few years back with a 2.0 3a tall block on k-jet,every now and then when its just been on a run i.e if you stop at a garage for 5mins when hot it cranks really slowly when trying to start,it does only need half a turn to start as the motor is in good nick and hasnt let me down yet,replaced the starter motor,ignition module plugs leads coil etc and now am looking at the hall sender or possibly the sender lead(not sure if its breaking down with the heat)had car bout 6yrs now and runs well no misfires or anything out the norm but this has been going on from day 1 and at first i blamed the starter motor but the brand new one was no better,anyone had any similar issues and wots the deal with the hall sender...do these things break completely or can they through up problems from time to time,the car starts from cold with no problems but does now and then start without cranking completely correct as if the engine was at tdc
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.