Skip navigation

What's your daily driver?

Back to the top

What's your daily driver?

Beemer 330D, not too exciting to look at but blimey, it doesn't half shift quick!!! Even being an auto it flies and has a rather nice 'growl' to it! :twisted:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Land Rover/ Range Rover Hybrid.
3.5 V8 with 500 cfm webber carb.
Coil sprung
Disc brakes
Power Steering
Roll Cage
Beats Novas/Scares Grannys

Back to the top
My daily driver is my Mk 1 GTI cab - that's why I love it so much … it never lets me down (except for a dead battery last week but that can happen with any car!)

It's all about driving it every day!

The guys in my office think I'm crazy as I'm always looking out the window saying things like "If the sun stays out I can go home with the roof down"  - HAD IT DOWN EVERY DAY LAST WEEK! I finish work at 4 by the way!

Driving my boyfriend's Mk 2 GTI (TSR engine conversion) this week as he is thinking of selling it  :cry:

He has my pride and joy (don't think he can work the roof though!  :lol: ) to see if he could live with a Mk 1 on a daily basis.

Rach :)

Back to the top
well said Rach me too! dont see the point of paying Tax for it to be sat in the garage for 50 weeks of the year! :lol:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top

usually but since I got this

I am hard pushed for what to drive and when  :lol:

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate

Back to the top

mk4 golf

mk4 golf e SDi which im currentley selling to fund a for a mk1 gti, 56.6.mpg at best, good economy, ?3450 ono ask for details

quick plug

Back to the top
2002 111S Lotus Elise..... interesting in the snow/ice/rain... :)

Back to the top
A tornado pink mk2 gti , its a dog but it beats parking my mk1 on a building site .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Am I the only sad one that's got 2x GTi golfs???

My Helios Mk1 sits next to a Mk4 Anniversary GTi every night to keep it company. 150 bhp diesel remapped to 190 bhp but the mk1 still laughs in it's brothers face!!!!

'83 Helios Campaign Gti

Back to the top
Tom, you're not alone.  Ihave 2xgti's  a mk1 & mk2.

My daily driver is either my bmw 325ci or my renault kangoo van, depending on the days duties.

Drive some interesting cars for work tho.  A range rover vougue,  mercedes sl55 amg and aston martin v12 vanquish.
I can think of worse ways to pay the mortgage!!!!

Banner

Back to the top
My current daily is a 2001 B5.5 1.8T Passat;

Though in the summer I seem to use it less and less, and daily duties are normally taken up by this;

However, with the Passat going up for sale soon, and the Ghia coming off the road, my Mk1 may soon be my daily!

Back to the top
Awww mint seriously cool cars mate. Respect :wink:

I have had a mk1 as a daily drive for nearly 17 months now. Hardcore. 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
I have a Mitsibushi Warrior, great fun in 2wd in the wet with nowt in the back….   mmmmm slidy!

:D

Back to the top
Hey jabbo, you forgot one! Whats the story about the cheeky little type 3 peeping out the garage? They all look lovely, I'd love a ghia one day.

My daily driver has been my saphire blue cabrio for almost 4 years and has only let me down once when the clutch cable snapped.

I think I'm going to have to sell it though as I've got this on the road now…

I want to keep both but can't :(

Back to the top

Ross said

Hey jabbo, you forgot one! Whats the story about the cheeky little type 3 peeping out the garage? They all look lovely, I'd love a ghia one day.

That's no longer in my stables I'm afraid - it actually went to make way for my Ghia.  I got it as a Swedish import in 2001 with a genuine 58000km on the clock.  I then used it as my only car for the next two years and it never let me down.  Absolute dream car!

By far my favourite interior in any car I've had;

Back to the top
my daily driver is my golf, have thort about getting a 'new' car for everyday use, as there has been a few issues with the golf of late! but they are all sorted now so im back to loving it again. wouldnt mind another mk1 to run around in tho keep it standard as appose to my modified example.

Back to the top
As my Mk1s never left the garage yet my daily driver is a 1994 L reg polo fox estate with a dent in every panel!

Back to the top
Mikey1 - you motor sounds like it's a bit of a passion wagon. How do you stop women flocking to your car when you stop at the lights whilst cruising?  :wink:

You should drink more water.
1664 is 95% water.
Drink more beer? :)

Back to the top
definately a VAG thing going on here - Audi A4 1.8T Sport is my ride of choice!

Company let me rag - err, look after - the Ford Stranger, very handy when looking in scrap yards for extra bits and bobs…

2003 Ford Ranger
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Soon to own a mk1 cab…

I drive like a girl.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.