Skip navigation

What's your daily driver?

Back to the top

What's your daily driver?

Only owned 2 cars! 1.1 '84 Pargas blue  'C' which I brought from Wales, entering England and the head gasket blew  :cry: Think the car didn't have a passport!

I did borrow the Merc Sprinter from work last night and it was like 'Get out of my way, I'm coming'.

Not planning on selling the GTi just yet though :wink:

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
I have a rather tatty 1995 Vauxhall cavalier CDX. Not bad, but not exactly inspiring motoring!! Gets me to work and back I suppose!!

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
I know this thread hasn't been used for a while but what the hell!
My daily driver is a Lancia Integrale Evoluzione,so as you can imagine the Golf is a bit underpowered! Thats why I'm picking up a Passat VR6 estate next week to put the lump into my Cab! I know it destroys the handling but always seen the cab as more of a cruiser than a bruiser anyway.

Back to the top
my golf when it works is my daily drive although wouldnt mind a lupo gti which when i get my loan is what i'll be using daily.

But refering back to drews original post, i drove an rs6 advant the other day which had been highly tuned…..wow! 8O  i want 1 :lol:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
My Cabby is my work hack :mrgreen: , and at the weekend I drive a Citreon Xsara…best way to transport the family :oops:

My milage is going to go up in 6 months due to a job change so may have to change the Cabby for a motorway car :cry:

But should have enough money by then to build a sprint/hillclimb car for fun 8)

Rob :D

Golf GTI Cabriolet 1990 Helios Blue - gone

Audi A4 1.9TDI - Gone :(

Golf GTTDI MK5 140…..oooh quick….but not a MK1  ;)

Back to the top
Mk3 Golf GTi, the back of it is on my avatar< sort of that way<.
Not a bad car, with my MK1 club sticker in the window.
Oh and a focus estate.
For the dogs and a 16' mad river canoe, we take to the lakes.  ford  :oops:

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top

Thisis my daily but whenever the clouds break its mk1 time :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Daily driver is a Passat 1.8 20v (T Reg) goes from N hampton- Leicester
daily, no probs so far!

Wifes car is a Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X, people always knock em but with 2
Labradors & 3 children (all under 9) you dont have an awful lot of
choice really! anyway we like it! so its staying.

and at weekends the Golf comes out if its not raining!
took this pic about an hour ago if it comes out?

regards

Dibbler  :wink:

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Mine is currently a Honda Civic (not mine, waiting for the insurance to give me some money).  Hopefully will get the mk1 back on the road, but in the mean time thinking of a mondeo - purely cos its a good car for the money.  I also have a labrador and dont really fancy muddy/sandy paws on the leather in my mk1.  I might be getting a cabby instead of the mondeo - Head versus heart time I think!

Back to the top
Im curently Driving a Audi TT 225 chipped to 265 BHP, and no im not a hair dresser!

Back to the top
my daily driver is an 1992 mk2 gti 8v is a runout edition :D  with all extras like ew pas full 16v intrere im only the second owner with full vwsh, it was a mint find at ?950 he wanted ?1200 but i found oil in the header tank so i said the head gasket had gone and nock't him down but luckly it was just a worn oil cooller its running 120bhp and feels like its just run in at 155,000 i love mk2 as an allround car but you can't beat mk1 for looks speed and handaling :mrgreen:
mines the one on the right at vw north west last year on the club gti stand

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top
Audi TT's aren't hair dresser's cars - more like estate agents manager's cars (with their plebs invariably driving BMW 'Mini's')
My daily drivehttp://www.trekbikes.c…s/2004/mountain/6066e.jsp

You should drink more water.
1664 is 95% water.
Drink more beer? :)

Back to the top
these were my babies (bargains)  :lol: sometimes i dint know what to drive . sold them both (huge profit 8))  to do the mk1  :D . what a sacrafice  :boohoo:

Back to the top
my daily driver is a 2002 audi a4 tdi 130bhp

you cannot beat the pd engines from vag,  :notworthy:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
my daily driver, silver campaig n sadly on ebay. :(

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Mines my Mk1 gti!

Ive gotta say its definately a full time commitment, and sometimes its definately a love hate relationship!!!! But its worth it every day when i start her up!

John

1983 mk1 gti 2.0l 2e powered
newman cam
ported, polished, big valve 1.8 head
audi throttle body
SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Back to the top
Empty

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Here's the daily barge. Bought 'cause it was cheap and carries almost anything. Especially Mk1 cabby interior and 8 wheels  :D

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
my daily drive is my gti, does 44 miles a day

Back to the top
Check my stealth wheels out and in the fastest colour,
can't beat the sound of a screaming 2.2 vetec at 8000rpm (through a custom de-cat exhaust of course)
Just for the record i'll stick some pictures of my last daily drive up it was a 1979 mk1 golf gti

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.