Skip navigation

GTI International 2005

Back to the top

GTI International 2005

Plenty of pics over on Club GTi http://www.clubgti.com…m/forum_topics.asp?FID=37

G60RGE, coil is under nearside chassis leg, ECU and washer system behind dash and the battery is in the spare wheel well.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
rich! i like the skip on wheels job, is that wot u wanted the BBS rm's for? haha

Nah - was thinking of putting on some ATS cups on my trailer - slamming the suspension, painting it brown and bolting on an assortment of chrome.  Oh and a roof rack for that old skool look!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Yes, that was my 20 000 miler '76 Golf L in Ocean Blue. I refurbed the steel wheels and put new tyres on for the show. Picked up best "Undesirable" for that retro display

:clap:

Why Undesirable :? , I'd have it. What paint/prep did you use on the wheels (looked factory finish), want to sort out my C's at some point.

Forgot to mention my highlight of the day, other than Roger's Mars Red series 1 GTI 8) . Had a brief chat with Tim Stiles and picked up a copy of his new book (Golf Performane Manual). To quote him "I'm not interested in any of that glued on plastic crap' :notworthy: not sure if that or the sight of the slightly offended yoofs next me was funnier :lol:

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Just a good sanding down, 2 coats of Hammerite silver, wet n dry and a final coat. Did both sides. Cut the weights off as put on a new set of tyres. Around ?30 a corner for new Michelin 145/80 13s - the bonus for running a base model! :D

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Great, was that any particluar type of Hammerite finsh? Looked good on the car, had that almost speckly finihs that you get with factory painted steels. I'll have a go on the spare one at the weekend.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
It was the Hammerite direct to metal one, so no need for a primer.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
145 R13's… haven't bought any of those for a while!  8)

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top

GTI international 2005

I've only just registered on this site!!  But I was there!! It is a shame there doesn't seem the interest in original unmodified cars. But yet again the weather was rather unkind…windy and wet..so the roof stayed firmly closed!! I've been at GTI for about he last 10 or so yrs, and even did the show and shine a couple of times too…at Crowthorne (my favourite venue!)

Back to the top

Re: GTI international 2005

smiley said

even did the show and shine a couple of times too…at Crowthorne (my favourite venue!)

Hi Smiley & welcome, Crowthorne was my fave venue too - only a 15 min drive from home. I heard they stopped doing it there due to people nailing their cars round all the country roads during the weekend and i'm not sure if its true but was there a fatal accident or something which made them decide to stop hosting the show there??

Was such a cool venue though, racing down the sprint strip then following the loop road back to the carpark!

Back to the top
I think we will see a change of venue next year  :wink:

Cheers
Rajan

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.