Skip navigation

GTI International 2005

Back to the top

GTI International 2005

Whos goin?

was not impressed at the lack of mk1 golfs at international last year!
get em out of the garage and show em off coz it seems people are forgetting about them….

considering going both days this year :|

Back to the top
I didn't go last year, apparently the weather was truely awful, but the previous year we had a club stand. We had a good time, but the general consensus from the folks who came over to see us was "when are you going to slam it, get some flip paint and 19"'s on there then?"  Previous years we more interesting and we had a lot more interest, but it waned significantly recently.

The concours was not really appropriate as the choice for classes was "Modified" or "Standard and lightly modified" so no original car had a chance.

A tiny handful of the traders had anything of interest to an owner wanting to keep their mk1 intact. There was a large increase in stuff which was not exactly 'family friendly' from all accounts, which we didn't really want to associate with either.

So we sort of informally took the view to invest our time in other shows as GTI International seems to have swung much more in the 'modified bling' direction in the last few years…

The mainstream scenes seems now to be concentrating on mk3s and mk4s from a Golf perspective. Not many mk1s were in evidence in the car park either!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
:) Yep, me and MK1Turbo are going. Haven;t missed a show for god know how many years now, and its turned into a bit of a pilgrimage for us now !!. Going for both days this year as couldn;t make Woerthesee, and have just booked up the hotel for some hot water and home comforts. MK1's - staing in the garage I'm afraid as its too far to drag the ol' girl (and too much fuel to use).

See you all there, and if your in the Holiday Inn Express, see you for a beer (and no we'r enot buying  :lol: )

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
Got to agree with Drew. Went in for the 'Show & Shine year before last, parked just to front left of an immaculate Mars Red tin top, surrounded by slammed and heavily modded cars, NO interest shown in ANY of the standard cars at all !!!!

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
take it im gonna be the one holding the flag up for us then! lol

Back to the top
My brother is going but, for the reasons mentioned above, I won't be there (only the second one I've missed in about 11 years). It always falls around wifey's birthday anyway (8th May), and with the "Bling" factor starting to supersede all else, I'm saving my trip to the UK for 28th August!

PS: Say hi to the brother if you see him in his Lhasa Green Mk1! (Dublin reg: MSI ***)

Back to the top

gti internatioal

me and u in convoy and panny

Back to the top

Re: gti internatioal

3piece said

me and u in convoy and panny

if u 2 can catch up! :wink:

Back to the top
NO interest shown in ANY of the standard cars at all !!!!

I was there and i did  :wink:

Probably be going this year, as not that far away and good chance to stock up on spares etc.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
I'll be there on both days, i get free tickets and my petrol paid for  :lol:

1983 MK1 Golf GTI (Campaign?)

1983 MK1 Golf GTI (Gone to VW Heaven)

1990 MK2 Golf GTI G60 Edition One

Back to the top
I will be there in something!!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top

picture of my car

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D thats me (looking minging) and my helios campaign on page 1. Good picture well chuffed (the car i mean)

Back to the top

Re: picture of my car

kate said

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D thats me (looking minging) and my helios campaign on page 1. Good picture well chuffed (the car i mean)

lol remeber chattin to u two at some point, u were parked opposite me!

Back to the top
I'll be there. Probably Saturday only. Be good if we could get a mk1 corner of the car park but it's a bit of a free for all.

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
thats me (looking minging) and my helios campaign on page 1. Good picture well chuffed (the car i mean)

What the A reg, 2nd photo down in the my post - sharp looking Campaign 8) ? Thanks for clearing up what colour itwas, was an overcast day and looking at photo couldn't work if it was Lhasa, Black or Helios. If interested I can e-mail a better resolution copy of the photo?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Yeah it is a campaign, cant belive how good it looked. Shame though still not got the p slots finnished and it wont be going to inters this year. But by the next outing it will be a stunner!!!! :D  :(

Back to the top
Would love to go and check it out but its more than 220 miles away and my car is not up to scratch yet  :cry:

Maybe next year :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Going to go along on Sunday if the weather is good and get a Autojumble pitch

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
get a Autojumble pitch

Why Sunday for that?

Can I bung a couple of things on there for you to sell? I'll chip in costs.

I have some door cards and an old 3 spoke steering wheel.

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Can't make Sat so will go on Sun if the weather is dry.

Pete sure no probs if you want to put your stuff on (and give me 5 mins for a loo break!)

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.