Skip navigation

Gti spring Festival

Back to the top

Gti spring Festival

Yeh thats in the valver!

best reaction was +.422 worst was around +.8 summink, varied really coz u dont get much time to line up b4 the green light goes off, i felt they were rushing us to keep the que down…

was getting beat by 1.8 16vs though, vw sing off here destroyed me in his 1.8. he had a port polish, just goes to show how lame the 9a cams are, i reckon if i get my kr cams and 50mm inlet manifold in by gti inernational it should deff beat the 1.8s (i hope), my engine really needs to be set up though as its only had a basic tune up since the instalation…was delaying it till i get the cams in! i will be happy once i break into the 14s :D

Back to the top
:cry: I couldn't make it! my god damn Ford's got overheating problems…. God I can't wait to het the Mk1 running

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

G60RGE said

Yeh thats in the valver!

best reaction was +.422 worst was around +.8 summink,

Not bad…

I have only run mine once and got a +.7 which I thought was pretty good, but loads of room for improvement!

I am just curious as to the times to see what a valver is capable of in a Mk1. want to get a bench mark figure for mine if my KR project actually comes to fruition!
I would hope to get into the 14's to really show up the 16.5sec run I got with the 8v K-Jet I currently have in the car!

Back to the top
yeh i will be happy to get into the 14s. considering 300bhp mk2 1.8t cars were making 13. runs i think thats really good.

just heard from a mate who reached a top speed of 89 over the quarter mile in a superchipped porsche 928 5.0 v8 at santa pod 2 weeks ago, i managed a top speed of 92 so thats good enough for me i reckon :lol:

u goin to inters??

Back to the top

G60RGE said

u goin to inters??

Would like to, but it's just too far for me to take the "rollerskate".
Being in Swansea, it is right over the other side of the UK for me!
Plus I have an 8week old son who wouldn't be too impressed with the journey!

If I do go to any of the major shows, it won't be until the end of the season, though likely not till next year (when hopefully the car will be powered by 16valves being fed through 38mm Mikuni Carbs - Yes they are off a motorbike!)

Back to the top

G60RGE said

just heard from a mate who reached a top speed of 89 over the quarter mile in a superchipped porsche 928 5.0 v8 at santa pod 2 weeks ago, i managed a top speed of 92 so thats good enough for me i reckon :lol:

Oh yeah - That 928 must be ill or something - Thats a 5 sec 0-60 car isn't it! It should have got more than 89 MPH!
I think my 8v achieved around 83MPH!

Back to the top
he says it needs work, hes on his third engine, lol gearbox probs too, but sounds good when i tell his mates i did better than him haha
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.