Skip navigation

1.3 tuning

Back to the top

1.3 tuning

My brother bought a 1981 Golf N last year, which has an Audi TT engine in it. There's no problems with the gearbox yet, as it also has the 4wd drive-train from a Golf Rallye. The engine fits fine, and the ECU is wired in ok, although the guy who did it is a bit of an expert in such matters (was selling the car because he was going to Germany to work for VAG!)

BTW, with the different turbo that he fitted, the engine makes 300BHP and 0-60 comes up in 4.1 seconds (he gave us timing slips to prove it)

Back to the top
I saw that car featured in Retro Cars!  Very nice motor!!  Looks very subtle too - I bet it surprises a few people when it gets unleashed.

Back to the top
Yep 300 bhp would be nice! :D I've heard the  aude 1.6 will produce enxepected bhp levels with just the ecu no looms etc, was it a 1.6 or a 1.8 from a tt? did he use the loom etc?  How does he find the transfer box? I know with the 4wd cavies they're a pain (uneven tire ware ***** them + to keep things harmonius they need to have all 4 tires changed at the same time!) long it has been a dream to have a 60/40 golf! :P
Cheers p.s sorry bout all the questions

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top

ebo said

Yep 300 bhp would be nice! :D I've heard the  aude 1.6 will produce enxepected bhp levels with just the ecu no looms etc, was it a 1.6 or a 1.8 from a tt? did he use the loom etc?  How does he find the transfer box? I know with the 4wd cavies they're a pain (uneven tire ware ***** them + to keep things harmonius they need to have all 4 tires changed at the same time!) long it has been a dream to have a 60/40 golf! :P
Cheers p.s sorry bout all the questions

It's the 1.8T (actually, the engine came from a Passat 1.8T, but the only difference is the turbo, and that's been changed for something bigger anyway). As much as possible of the engine-related loom is from the Passat, with only the simpler stuff like wipers, horn etc, still being Mk1 Golf stuff.
He hasn't put enough miles on it yet to know about the tyres, but I'm sure it will be fun when we turn up at the wheel-alignment place to get our Mk1 sorted out, and we tell them that it's 4wd…

Back to the top
Lol passat aye!? Coulda been a tt…. :P   :lol: Theres a lotta roundabouts in my area so ill be leaving my dream for a while or atleast till i move!
 :boohoo: pouring down so the welder didnt come! :banghead:

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top

Type17 said

BTW, with the different turbo that he fitted, the engine makes 300BHP and 0-60 comes up in 4.1 seconds (he gave us timing slips to prove it)

4.1 secs . bloody hell  8O

Anyone know whats the quickest recorded time for a modded mk1 thats FWD ?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.