Skip navigation

Electric windows

Back to the top

Electric windows

89Rallye said

Guys your all going about this the wrong way  :lol:

you all need to read this thread

http://vwcaddyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4896

Sorry but I think you have to register to view it.

Trust me though its worth it at it shows the easiest way on earth to covert your mk1 winders using genuine VAG parts  :mrgreen:

Sweet conversion, although electrical windows from a Scirocco wont be easy to find. The scirocco is rare and finding electrical windows in it even rarer…. but also being able to remove them and bringing them home….. not easy in Sweden at least.

Of course if there are andy other "worm driven" electrical window regulators that would be nice to know of :).

The major advantage of that conversion is that once the window regulator is converted it fits like a glove, which my Corrado setup does not :(. Works fine, but by using the original lower bracket and the original window-to-regulator bracket, the window dont get all the way down, leaving some 5mm of glas sticking up. A minor but still annoying detail.

I?ll try to get some photos sorted today… could perhaps be useful to see it without the door card mounted :D

Cheers

/Mike

-84 GTI Mars red (campaign)

-94 Audi S2 RS Avant

-98 VW Passat Variant TDI

Back to the top
nice 1 rallye :mrgreen:  :D  :clap:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Some pictures of my installation, the button installation is not completely finished yet.

Buttons from a Volvo 940 :oops:

Lower mounting point

Picture showing the extra hole needed to be drilled otherwise no other modification to the door has been done.

/Mike

-84 GTI Mars red (campaign)

-94 Audi S2 RS Avant

-98 VW Passat Variant TDI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.