Skip navigation

Club Logo

Back to the top

Club Logo

lakesk8,

Now they are good!  Like your number one (not sure about the spoiler on the front tho'  :wink: )

It looks period, is simple and is not GTI biased.

Well done that man.

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Yes… important we don't keep a GTI bias and make the badge relevant to cabriolet and carb/diesel models too!

Very good lakes8… I particularly like the last one!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Prowler, i like no 7 & no 8. I wouldn't put anything too loud/colourful on my car. Might get some moans here but i like the club gti sticker/tax disc holder which is quite subtle..

1996 Gti Anniversary 8v Mystic Blue
1995 Gti 16v Fjord blue

Back to the top
Hairy….I totally agree with you….

Lakes…..I really like your middle one, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of, but  maybe reverse the black / white, spread the text a bit ??

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
lakesk8
           I think your last one is the dog's danglies well done mate

Chudd…

Back to the top
An idea on the line drawing theme, using a period style blue.

Simon :)

'83 Mars Red GTI

Back to the top
I like it Simon, apart from ……how can we show a cabby on it as well (yes- I'm biased !!! :lol:

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
I'll have a think about that one :!:

'83 Mars Red GTI

Back to the top
I have to say I quite like the idea of a combo of the image of the 3 B&W Mk1's in Drews effort, maybe superimposed onto Lakesk8's first suggestion (but ditch the silohette). I was thinking maybe the photo of the 3 B&W cars could appear in the white strip in the middle, with the text above and below as it is now?

I like the 3 Mk1 cars in Drew's image as they look original, cover all Mk1's including cabs, and I think a photo like that gives the logo a bit more "depth".

Another thought is rather than a plain B&W, how about using a duo-tone type effect like you see in photoshop with B&W inages with a slight single colour tint…

Hard to explain what I mean, so maybe I should just try myself and see what I can come up with  8O

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
I prefer a combination of simacs and lakes, not sure about a multi-coloured, highly detailed or an actual picture of a golf on even in line form, starts to look like a dealers sticker :?  too fussy/detailed?

as far as car stickers go simacs, but with four variations (2dr, 5dr, cab, caddy..anymore..?), then a weird combo for the site. ideally all in one colour, ie in red to match teh website would look strange on a green/silver/yellow car.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
I'd forgotten about the Caddy…!  :oops:

Cheers,

Drew.

Back to the top
How about this: Giving people a week to come up with something and then create an album in the image gallery just for this where people can upload them?

After that give people a week to look at them and then vote on a 1st, 2nd and third choice?

If people want one logo for the club, but a different car sticker design then just have two seperate "submissions" and we can vote on both.

Putting a time limit on submission and voting should make sure this gets finalised over the next few weeks, then the stcickers etc can get made up and distributed.

Whadda ya reckon :?:

Chris

Back to the top
Erm, wasn't that my idea Chris?

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top

tallpete said

I propose we use the tattoo choosing method. 3 shortlisted logos are shown on the site for a couple of weeks. After 3 weeks we decide which one we are least sick of seeing and off we go.

Ahhhh indeed - sorry mate, missed that earlier up the thread  :wink:

Just thought I'd suggest a bit more detail and perhaps the option for people to submit two seperate logos, into 2 different albums. One for club and one for the car sticker… more the merrier etc.  :D

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
Hows this for an update showing both Cab' and hatch

'83 Mars Red GTI

Back to the top
Not bad mate - still needs a little work as the text looks unbalanced…

I think we need to try and stick with the front grill though as this works for tin tops, soft tops and flat beds (caddy)  :wink:

Back to the top
Has anyone got that line drawing of the mk1 grille yet?

Cheers,

Drew.

Back to the top
How about the line drawing of the front and the three different backs behind it - Tin top, cap, caddy?

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
NOT the one I'm looking for…..

I really think that Drew's with the 3 cars is the best so far….

Back to the top
its good…but its not quite right  :lol:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.