Skip navigation

Campaign- long term rebuild

Back to the top

Planning to restart a big rebuild

Not been doing much outside for the last few weeks as health is against me just now but have been doing a bit of homework instead, I have fitted the central locking from the Jetta to the front doors,  got it running a bit better and wired in the Recaros. Another box of goodies arrived, so when I start the real work on it I'm ready to go!

I’ve bought as much of the parts made by Meyle, as I believe these are are an oem supplier. so the start of parts, front wishbones, wishbone bushes, ball joints, bolts, track rod ends, CV joints, inner and outer, bilstein shocks and eibach springs, top mounts, bump stops, rear axle mounts, fuel pump, rear discs, rear calipers, wheel bearings, front drive hubs, timing belt, alternator belt, filters,
Still quite a few things to buy, want to upgrade the front brakes to 256mm, I have the bigger servo fitted but will replace the master cylinder and again as it’s been left dry all this time, rear regulator is free but I think I’ll change it out when I’m doing the pipes and under body clean up.

9A74DE68-155D-44AD-AAA5-59B5B0E12D76.jpeg

Last edit: by jakethepeg007

Back to the top
:thumbs:

Back to the top
Finally installed the sunroof after 18 years of putting it off. I had the Audi 80 tilt and slide sitting in place but it had never been secured or tested. Looks like I've lost the winder gear and handle from the Audi as I can only slide it back O_o  and the wind deflector..I gave a lot of type 19 parts away lately and think they could have been in this pile!

Back to the top
Very nice 

Back to the top
Hopefully my health is taking the right turn again and I can start beavering away here again instead of just reading about what everyone else is doing!
Nice delivery today with some genuine Scirocco injector pipes, certainly makes a visual improvement 585CC2C1-0BEA-4AF2-B392-D8F7A56F2A1A.jpeg

Back to the top
Cleaned up one of my spare fuel distributor/ air flow plates ready for the final build up
8C795B44-FB2C-4342-8724-EA7BB2925862.jpeg

Back to the top
With my other project being almost completed I thought it was about time to find this old girl again and start  something
So up on stands it went, wishbones, struts & hubs off the front, rear beam off, tank out, shocks off, brake pipes off and out with the grinder and wire wheel, seems it's been "Ziebarted" underneath and of course this just adds to the pleasure of lying on your back getting covered in everything.
On the plus side the floor pans are in pretty good shape, with some light spidering where the coating has come off, but I'm afraid there are a few spots where the cutting disc and the grinder are going to have to join the party. Couple of tiny pin holes in the boot floor, two 10p sized holes in both rear chassis legs and a little bit of work for the fuel tank vent pipe channel.
One floor pan still to do but the coating look in better condition so hoping for the best, and for my arms and neck to recover… E773670C-1DBF-4B17-BF78-F315E08D1477.jpeg B8D4F05E-A957-48B0-B9A6-FB7692711E82.jpeg

Back to the top
This is what I'm just finished building for a friend!
28562E25-FC6F-4B9E-B795-D4FC62764849.jpeg 6DBA9DCC-F476-46BE-BA12-2B5783C55394.jpeg

Back to the top
Love the Audi, side pipes  :cool: bet it's a hoot to drive  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Isn't it funny that your own projects seem to be the last you get to, so after a few weeks I'm getting starting to get some time back at mine..have been cutting out some of the grotty parts and getting some repair patches made and welded in along with starting with the dodomat on the bulkhead and tunnel

Back to the top
Just about finished all the wire wheel work on the underside, I've been trying to find just about anything else to do rather than crawl underneath again with the grinder…having a heavy coat of black Ziebart on the floor pans has for sure helped it but it's bloody awful stuff to remove (yep doing it's job)
Just the rear chassis legs to do, and 2 small patches in each to cut out and weld in
Found a few small pinholes in one side of the boot floor and under the rear seat, but not too bad I guess
Repair section made for the fuel breather and splash guard bracket and the first floor pan in zinc primer

5F623827-BFF6-44A6-891C-84939F70E477.jpeg 0B87F221-6F3F-474D-8837-2A11B11283C7.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.