Skip navigation

Supersprint wanted please - Forget that, now have a Powersprint

Back to the top
Really keen to fit a Supersprint to my car in the next year. If anybody has one they're willing to sell please get in touch.

Happy Christmas!!

Last edit: by Campaigning for Dave

Black 1984 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.

Back to the top
Check out Powersprint in Germany. Very similar, very good quality and lovely sound but much more reasonable price.

https://www.powersprint24.de/edelstahl-endschalldaempfer-992013.html

Back to the top

Supersprint wanted.....please

Can also vouch for powersprint... Full system on mine, sounds great

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top

Pistol said

Check out Powersprint in Germany. Very similar, very good quality and lovely sound but much more reasonable price.

thanks for this, I missed it as my notifications have been switched off. Looks really interesting, do they make 4 branch manifolds too by any chance? 

Back to the top

Campaigning for Dave said

Pistol said

thanks for this, I missed it as my notifications have been switched off. Looks really interesting, do they make 4 branch manifolds too by any chance? 

……just translated the page and I see the they do

Back to the top

Pistol said

Their manifold looks really good too, but just be aware it'll obviously be configured for LHD. I went with the VW Heritage one on mine, fit was spot on.

Back to the top

I had my manifold modified by a chap local to me, took 10mm off the header pipes… Fits perfect now

But yes, be aware they are a LHD fit although I dare say a supersprint one would be too

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top

adi3390 said

I had my manifold modified by a chap local to me, took 10mm off the header pipes… Fits perfect now

But yes, be aware they are a LHD fit although I dare say a supersprint one would be too

Is that a Powersprint manifold?

Back to the top

Re:

Pistol said

adi3390 said

Is that a Powersprint manifold?
It is indeed

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top

adi3390 said

ah ok so the manifold needs to be modified. So you took 10mm from the end that bolts to the head? 

Back to the top
When you all purchased Powersprint did you have to pay 20% import when it arrived? Wondering how much we'll now pay for parts from Europe! 

Back to the top

Pistol said

Pistol said

Their manifold looks really good too, but just be aware it'll obviously be configured for LHD. I went with the VW Heritage one on mine, fit was spot on.

Pistol said

Pistol said

Yes I've seen this one, you'd recommend then? Did the powersprint bits bolt straight on? 

Back to the top
The VW Heritage manifold is really nice, well made and the fit was good with a good bit of clearance to the steering boot. It is supplied with a connecting piece of a spring retaining flange (not sure what you call it). I had to get this modified to mate up to the 60mm diameter of the Powersprint system, but no probs for any good exhaust fabricator.

Back to the top

Re:

adi3390 said

ah ok so the manifold needs to be modified. So you took 10mm from the end that bolts to the head? 
Essentially I think he cut mounting flange off and trimmed the pipes back before reattaching. Gives more space between the boot than most other manifolds.. heat shield only on for extra protection .. as you never know

No extra tax when I bought it. You can find them on eBay also, well eBay Germany I think, from memory. Although I ordered direct

It was bank transfer when I got mine way back when! … Although I ordered the resonated centre recently, highly recommend that! Very loud straight through

As Pistol mentions their usually a sprung adapter to mate the rest of the system, the powersprint header is no different in that regard

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Agree with adi3390 for a few extra quid get the front silencer. It sounds just right. There's a couple of really rubbish vids in my build thread. I had the whole manifold and system mirror polished and it looks amazing.

474E6424-FD39-4244-BE47-3A698DE5F417.jpeg 0228ECFC-D23E-43B5-A5C4-622FF562BE94.jpeg

Back to the top

Pistol said

Agree with adi3390 for a few extra quid get the front silencer. It sounds just right. There's a couple of really rubbish vids in my build thread. I had the whole manifold and system mirror polished and it looks amazing.

474E6424-FD39-4244-BE47-3A698DE5F417.jpeg 0228ECFC-D23E-43B5-A5C4-622FF562BE94.jpeg

That looks bloody lovely!

Back to the top
AC539ECF-00CF-4000-B790-606F307B355C.jpeg Would you mind casting your eyes over this please, think that's everything?

Back to the top

Looks right to me. Just bear in mind 60mm is a tight fit and that manifold will need modification for the extra room like mine

Otherwise exactly the same setup as I run!

If there wasn't the lockdown and you weren't so far I'd bring mine down so you could have a listen

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top

adi3390 said

Looks right to me. Just bear in mind 60mm is a tight fit and that manifold will need modification for the extra room like mine

Otherwise exactly the same setup as I run!

If there wasn't the lockdown and you weren't so far I'd bring mine down so you could have a listen

Thanks a million for the advice! I've now taken the plunge and decided to take your route of the powersprint 4-2-1 manifold. Will be in touch about modifying it soon if that's ok. Powerflow local to me seem to get very good reviews so I'm sure they'll do a good job with the chopping!

Back to the top
Keep us posted on the fit of the manifold once you get it all delivered.  I am looking at their 16v conversion manifold for the next project resto, and will mate it up to the same 60mm system I have on the red one (and which you've just ordered!).
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.