Skip navigation

Happy things your doing on lock-down

Back to the top
As per title. Short and sweet what have you been doing on lock down that you can share with others and give them ideas on what to do.

We played Barbies in the garden. Found a kids work out on you tube and made home made pizza. Anyone want the recipe for the base I can get it off the wife. She made it look easy.

Banner

Back to the top
As there's only me and the wife at ours (daughter is stuck at her mum's currently) we aren't playing Barbies - although I may encourage her later!!!  :lol:

Jobs done so far…
Wheels off for a clean
Wheel arches scrubbed clean
Tar marks removed
Anti swirl treatment
Polished up
Reverse gear switch identified as faulty

To Do
Door pins to be straightened
Dash to be repaired in the radio slot
Interior clean
Carpet vax
Under dash boards to be renewed when i can get the materials
Buy replacement bits and pieces from Classic-VW and fit

Oh and then there's
A kitchen re-paint & new sockets
A spare bedroom repaint and blind to hang
Attic to de-clutter (if I can be bothered!!!  :lol: )

Should keep me going for a couple of weeks. I certainly WON'T be saying I'm bored!!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Like Dano, I went straight for the Golf. I'm stuck at home for 12 weeks, but sadly I can work from here. I see it as an opportunity to do all the things I haven't been able to do.

Plans…
Use the saved travel time to build up a regular exercise & healthier eating plan
Catch up on the 50 or so screeners I haven't watched yet
Shoot some video workflow tests
I might try 30 mins/day of French

As for the Golf…

IMG_2575.jpg

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top

Back to the top
As the me and the wife are deemed 'Critical Workers' we are still working.

But I'm on reduced hours / standby and working from home so been busy in the garden and with the garage build seeing as after about 6 months of rain it's finally sunny here in Cornwall!

Very quiet down here with no tourists!  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
I miss the Misses, she is over at the daughters house minding the wee  one whilst they work from home….
It's not so much the Misses I miss as it is her cooking…
Hey 42 years and I spect I can give her a Vacation….
I too am a Critical worker, but I am Customer Facing…
So I have to go in… I keep the social distance, but it is funny, as the Govt's are wanting us to have anti social behaviours, and in High School, I used to get beat by the Nun's for it.  :)Lets see if this little bug can get me,  I have survived Scarlet Fever, (quarantined for 30 days in my youth), Swine flu in 1977, 9 heart stents, Cancer, Stroke, 3 Lightning strikes 2 to a house and one in a plane, as well as 2 airplane crashes….  some would say I am lucky, others Cursed, me I figure I make God Laugh, and for that I am blessed and still kicking. Oh did I mention that I used to jump out of aeroplanes with no parachute.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Looks like everyone is having it a bit rough. So why are we doing to keep our spirits up?

Banner

Back to the top
Filled a 3 yard skip with accumulated rubbish from my workshop. Getting ready to epoxy the floor. 

12FFF8B7-D872-482A-80C3-AD4486827A28.jpeg

Back to the top
Working from home as I too am an essential worker… however early starts, long lunches walking the dog and no traveling have meant that I've had enough time to strip the front arches again, rust treat again and primer them.

I am doing all of this knowing full well that there are some patches to weld up so some of it will have to be done again but I need to get as much of it protected as I can before it dissolves before my eyes. (and repainting small patches won't take too long)

And I've put a 'wanted ad' for a new servo so I can start to think about upgrading the brakes.

Oh, and one angle grinder has given up the ghost in a cloud of electrical smoke so that's something else on the list of things I need to buy

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

Looks like everyone is having it a bit rough. So why are we doing to keep our spirits up?
I don't have to Keep my Spirits up, as they are on a bottom shelf so if I drop them they don't break open and spill their contents on the floor which is the worst Alcohol abuse that can happen.

I find that the proper and correct application of Jamesons internally, helps calm the nerves, (not that I have any left after raising 3 girls and a boy).

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Touché my friend although I only have 2 kids. I'm just sat at the table painstakingly watching my youngest trying to eat rice with a fork. The ants has gone to get a few bits. I did a jigsaw though……

A134BC16-D40F-46D3-915D-617AB779945C.jpeg

Banner

Back to the top

So for this on Instagram go over to London cartel and vote for my car in the virtual car show please. That will keep me entertained for a while

Bottom one obviously

I’m against any entries scirocco owners club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
My first day away from work snow showers
halt progress again to get something done
and move forward a bit more

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
Snow Showers?  It was 82 degrees here in sunny Atlanta yesterday….

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Making this shiny:

20200329_141508.jpg

Cutting down trees (all the bottom of the garden was completely overgrown)

20200329_150505.jpg

And enjoying lots of walkies with this dude:

20200327_121553.jpg

Back to the top
Finally got off  my backside and gave the girl a wash.

44B7369D-44EE-4E17-AF26-B3F0CD61D2A3.jpeg 365F3999-A9BF-45A5-B3D0-51C65E6508D3.jpeg

Banner

Back to the top
I did go over and deliver my Misses critical good, 24 cans of Coke, as she is addicted to the stuff…yuck.  I got to play like I was at the Aquarium tapping on the window at the Grand Baby….. Also got to feel more in touch with the movie Ben-Hur, where he watched his Mother and Sister the lepers fetch the food he left, when my Misses opened the full glass Screen door to get to the coke…:).  I also found a hopping bunny rabbit that defecated jelly beans for the Granddaughter.. Well I thought it was funny…The wife not so much, but then again she doesn't have the sense of humor that I have..She doesn't like the 3 stooges or Blazing Saddles or other Mel Brooks movies.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Last minute decision and did this on lockdown.

20D1D2D0-EDF9-4BE3-8DFE-241A274AE50E.jpeg

Banner

Back to the top

Decided since I hadn’t even looked at my mk1 since getting it back from having an engine rebuild late last November, I thought I would pull her out and wash her. Oh and stick my 7 week old son and my 2 year hold in her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
So having done the garden it's the best it's been in 24 years. I'm now working on two of our air cooled kit cars. We might even test fire the 1641cc engine soon. Hopefully we'll make it in time for a show season…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.