Glad you're sorting the wheel hardware out  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Cheers, yeah havent really dare drive it until all that was sorted as didnt want to risk any other mishaps.

In other news, ordered crystal m3 style rear lights with matching side and front indicators as shown below 🙂

Looks like it's an identical colour to mine as well which helped confirm the choice!

Number plate made me smile as well and reminded me of my old MK2 G60 PM

Screenshot_20200524-151953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back to the top
Might even get a rare run out in it today 😃

20200525_111446.jpg

Back to the top
Refreshed the lighting today:

20200602_193557.jpg 20200602_193526.jpg

Back to the top
20200523_145120.jpg

So this pic shows the "before" I tarted my garage up a bit, had it re roofed and cleaned and painted the walls and also wired electrics and light into there which will make the winter tinkering much more bearable 😁

Back to the top
Afternoon all! Been a while 🙂

So the MK1 is tucked away in it's winter hidey hole again after the MOT ran out 1st Sep. So what better time to sort all the niggly bits out and freshen it up in time for next spring?

20200926_150718.jpg

Firstly, after tolerating an annoying wheel tuck on one side for the past 12 months, I bit the bullet and bought a good used rear beam. After dropping the old beam, fitting the new, I crossed my fingers, lowered it down, and….. finally both wheels are sitting just right 😝 I can only assume that something is a touch out on the old beam and judging by the state of it (rusted to hell, ARB bushes shot) its probably a good thing I found a new one anyway.

Plan is to strip the old beam bare and have it and the ARB powder coated and rebuilt with 100% new hardware so thats my next job.

And round the front, I set out to replace the front discs and pads but realised one side backing plate was missing and the other was rotten as a pear, so with it in bits anyway (and my slight OCD not allowing me to carry on without fixing) I ordered up some new ones and set about removing what remained of the old. I have heard what a cow the 3 retaining bolts are and after spending 2 hours and a lot of butane gas on one side alone I can vouch for that, but both sides are off now and ready for new items.

And finally, just to make this a tad more interesting, I bought 2 new cookie cutters - one to replace the slightly dinged one, and one to serve as a spare wheel. And I had all 5 blasted and powder coated metallic dark bronze which looks great in the sun 🌞

20200926_151857.jpg

If anyone in Yorkshire is after any coating done I can recommend LSN coatings in Castleford, I paid 200 all in for all 5 tyres off, blasted and coated, tyres back on with new valves and balanced including 4 centre caps which I didnt think was bad.

More updates to follow as they happen 😎

Last edit: by Richarddarrenb

Back to the top
Rear beam stripped ready for powder coating 🙂

20200927_130006.jpg

Back to the top
Rear beam, ARB, brake backing plates, and brackets have been back from the coaters a while now so spent and hour making a start on building it back up. Fitted superpro ARB bushes and some natty but expensive brushed stainless outer ARB brackets:

20201031_162719.jpg
20201031_162653.jpg

Back to the top

chortle said

I do badge kits that cover the old badges.

Also the arch protectors too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Do you still do these?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.