Skip navigation

Finally Purchased a Sportline gti

Back to the top

Mk1 golf gti sportline in Red

Next  on list is front and rear anti roll bars it will either be KW , eibach or H&R undecided yet 

Back to the top

Finally Purchased a Sportline gti

A yes vote for the European steering wheel, despite it not being UK standard. But a no vote I’m afraid for the rear lenses, standard look much better in my opinion & others I read. Keep up the good work though, nice motor. How’s the hood, I had a Mohair one put in mine by Northern Hoods, many moons ago. No idea where it is now, mind. Sold it long time ago…How’s your engine? Mine did 51 mpg, bit sluggish mind. I did replace the valve stems seals but it was still down on power.

1990 Singlecab 2.1 manual

Back to the top
loved reading this thread
one of the best, mostly original Red Sportline's I have seen for ages.
kudos

keep the posts coming. c9d94102-2fb3-44f8-b727-93a87981d064.JPG

Back to the top
Double0seven : thanks for comments , my hood will need changing I may wait now till next spring to get it done , speed wise the car a lot better now  , after changing fuel filter , fuel pump , fuel tank , and lines . Before i did the work the car was very sluggish. Your sportline looks great 😯 do you regret selling it on mate ??

Back to the top
Crowey26 : thanks for kind words , I plan to get some more photos up soon of progress I have made , think Full stainless exhaust is next on list , just shopping round at moment . Your black sportsline looks amazing mate . It was close call before bought mine , very nearly  bought black one , when detailed and polished up they look really special. 👌🏼. Any plans for you car ?? 

Back to the top
Plans are this winter to get the head off and have the valves re-lapped and have the compression sorted.
it runs well overall and idles OK too with no knocking.
but it smells rich and starts with an occasional misfire that resolves its self on restarting.

eternally, i aim to have the bonet and bumpers resprayed.

other than that, have a decent sound system

all in good time
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.