Skip navigation

1990 mk1 cabby barn find

Back to the top
The big day has come time form the new wheels :cool:i was nervous about changing the colour from gold but im so happy with the new look
got a set of autostar minus 15" 7.5j in gunmetal and wrapped them in a 165/45/15 stretch tyre, i had to put 3 mm spacers on the front to clear the coilovers i will be looking into getting bigger spacers just to fill out the arch some more
IMG_7784.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG
IMG_7793.JPG

need to make a few adjustments to get the car sitting lower. out with the helper srings it is then

IMG_7808.JPG
oops went too low. driveshaft was hitting the frame :lol: KLZU4855.JPG
ISYT8601.JPG
so wide :) IMG_7853.JPG

Back to the top
Went to my 1st show of the year and met some of the mk1 owners club, was great to be on the club stand with them at elsecar at the races
only just made it to the show, drove 160 miles and just a couple of miles from the show my throttle cable decided it no longer wanted to be attached to the carb but thanks to the kind folk of the mk1 owners club managed to find a temporary solution to get me home after the show.was great fun driving the car on the choke :lol: IMG_7890.JPG
IMG_7891.JPG
managed to get hold of a mint tonneau cover before the show which is great as my roof looks rubbish
IMG_8044.JPG
ignore then dent:'(

Back to the top
forgot to mention this part but it made a massive difference to the wheels and will protect them in the long run, also makes cleaning the a doddle
treated the wheels with auto finesse ceramic coating

IMG_7768.JPG
IMG_7766.JPG

Back to the top
fitted some marker lights today, absolutely love them

IMG_8055.JPG
IMG_8070.JPG

Back to the top
 :cool:  look ps really subtle and OE 👍🏻 Nice

Back to the top
Like it… just don't park to close to those curbs….

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Like it… just don't park to close to those curbs….

that last pic made my pooper twitch a little bit  :lol:  didnt realise how close i was

Back to the top
Just looking through bud
I'm back to standard now my back can't take all the bumps being low and hard
Least can drive over speed bumps. Lol
Hope you done brake pipe. Looks like needs changed

Back to the top
for a while now I've had a blow from my exhaust in probably a few places so i finally booked in to get it sorted
Went down to style dynamics in Hayes to get a full custom exhaust made up, what a great group of guys and top service too

IMG_8089.JPG
IMG_8100.JPG
IMG_8102.JPG

sounds amazing and I've got little pops and crackles on the over run :)

Back to the top
Though i'd take the golf out for a run to test out the new exhaust so went down to Auto Finesse cars and coffee morning what a place Auto Finesse HQ is

IMG_8144.JPG

No idea who the guy is next to the car

Back to the top
Bagged myself a new steering wheel, its not real but for £40 I'm not bothered and it looks spot on

IMG_8357.JPG

Back to the top

1990 mk1 cabby barn find

Im jealous mate youve made great progress on the cabby in such a short time ,how much was the custom exhaust

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Very nice mate

I was looking at these and the BBS ones 

Look authentic and do the job 👍🏻

Back to the top

Deano777 said

Im jealous mate youve made great progress on the cabby in such a short time ,how much was the custom exhaust

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Still along way to though 😢
Exhaust cost me £550 all in and that is for custom downpipe back as whoever had this car before me bodged the bodge that was bodged onto this exhaust. All that's left is the manifold to changed but that's fine for now. 
I've got 2 silencers in as it an auto I think it would be too loud on the motorways. Sounds spot on at the moment 

Back to the top

One seven one said

Very nice mate

I can't afford real bbs lol so these will have to do for now. 
They are amazing reps at a fraction of the price and they are the same spec apart from not being a split rim. 

Back to the top

Anton_cabby said

One seven one said

Very nice mate

I can't afford real bbs lol so these will have to do for now. 
They are amazing reps at a fraction of the price and they are the same spec apart from not being a split rim. 

I meant the steering wheel 😂 they do BBS ones as well 

I have previously owned genuine ones but they are like hens teeth now 

Nardi one looks spot on 👌🏼

Back to the top
Yea I knew that 🤣🤣. Spent ages debating if I should splash out on an expensive steering wheel but can't really afford it then this one popped up so snapped it up 👍

Back to the top

1990 mk1 cabby barn find

Nice one mate mines an auto too not met anyone with another except you .I've got the stainless steel manifold which made a difference just looking for a nice system to pair with that .550 sounds good for a custom made. Off the shelf are nearly that.,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.