Skip navigation

Series one gti full resto. now with plenty progress photos

Back to the top

Full restoration

Not been on in a while and I've been busy with a house renovation and still am to be fair. Can't do it all at once as everyone knows. 

Progress on the Mk1 golf hasn't moved on much at all. 

I've not been near it since August really. Some times I find it best to walk away and leave it rather than try and rush and then make mistakes or now carry it out as good as I could have. 

Looks like I will have to remove the rack and refurbish my original one because this one doesn't have the gear linkage brackets. Something I never notice with being away from this car and build for so long. Unless any one has any ideas, I did think just to cut the bracket off the old one and welding it back on my current refurbished rack… 

Lost a bit a motivation for working on this car just now,  can't seam to find the get up and go. 

The mk4 r32 and my Clio 197 daily I've had for 11 years will be for sale soon I think. So hoping once there out the way I will get my mojo back. 

Here's where how I left the Mk1 

BE4B7684-235A-4148-A97F-C9E6552503FF.jpeg

043E760C-0ADF-4A2D-9409-6426A3E03AC8.jpeg 8A94FD9B-E20F-44B3-A22D-4D5507B38A7B.jpeg 9CA24E20-14D6-4DD8-AFDE-5622AB7A91FF.jpeg

Back to the top
Paint job looks cracking!
You'll get back to it eventually - it's a marathon not a sprint, and life gets in the way! Best of luck with it.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Been over 1000 days since I've last logged in…. Some big changes… not to the golf project. Haha 

I became a father in February this year… 8 months have flow in! 
Still continuing the house renovation (nearly complete) 

Bought a new daily two years ago after I sold the mk4 r32 I ordered a Black Yaris GR. 

Need to get back onto the golf and pick up where I was but so hard to get motivated. 

Hope yer all well! 
H. 

Back to the top
Looking fwd to your next updates ;-)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.