Skip navigation

Another Norfolk MK1

Back to the top
Hi all. My name is Dan and I am from Norfolk. I have had many VW’s over the years and worked for them until about 2 years ago.

The Golf that I have has belonged to my best friend for around 18 years and is his pride and joy. Due to medical reasons he gave up driving and the car got left outside in the elements.

I ‘borrowed’ the car from him a couple of years ago, put it through an mot and used it at the weekends. I then had to move house and had no where to store it so gave it back to him where it sat outside once more to rot!

I now have a garage, so yesterday I went with a new battery started the car and ‘borrowed’ it once more.

I have agreed with my friend that I can keep the car and restore it but I am NOT allowed to sell it.(I change my own cars very often being in the motor trade).

Ideally it needs a proper restoration but I know if I get an mot put on it I will enjoy driving it to much to tear it apart.

20140514_191302.jpg
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Hi Dan,
Stick some pictures up when you can and let us know which model you have.
Welcome to the forum.

Back to the top
That looks ok from here (squints a bit more), you lucky sod!

Welcome aboard

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
That pic is from a few years back. It is now in my garage awaiting a deep clean and a list of jobs!

Back to the top
Hi ya are you in city or on the outer reaches.

Back to the top
Hi Dan, Its good to see that you have your hands on that lovely Mk1, again,-and, yes you must not sell it on (except to me;)ha ha) as I know what your like:)There seems to be quite a few Mk1's in Norfolk now, which is a good thing as its all tractors otherwise….

Just an idea, but loosley while talking of tractors…would you Norfolk guys like to come here to the farm one day for a cuppa/beer with your cars? That could be good .Let me know your thoughts.
Marcus.

Back to the top

Re:

Daytona said

would you Norfolk guys like to come here to the farm one day for a cuppa/beer with your cars? That could be good .Let me know your thoughts.
Marcus.

I'd be up for that

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

Hi and welcome nice to see another from norfolk.

Daytona I think that’s a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

bigdub said

I am between Norwich and Fakenham

Back to the top

Daytona said

Hi Dan, Its good to see that you have your hands on that lovely Mk1, again,-and, yes you must not sell it on (except to me;)ha ha) as I know what your like:)There seems to be quite a few Mk1's in Norfolk now, which is a good thing as its all tractors otherwise….

Just an idea, but loosley while talking of tractors…would you Norfolk guys like to come here to the farm one day for a cuppa/beer with your cars? That could be good .Let me know your thoughts.
Marcus.

Hi Marcus, would love to meet for a beer. The Golf will not be back on the road until next year though so might have to be in the daily! Let me know when

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

Discoodan said

bigdub said

How close to fakenham are you I’m about 4 miles from fakenham

Back to the top

wilko13 said

Discoodan said

bigdub said

How close to fakenham are you I’m about 4 miles from fakenham

I am just before Guist

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

I’m just after on fakenham side, good to know we need to get another Norfolk meet organised

Back to the top
Hi am near Beetley so its easy for you lot.
It depends on how much notice you need,but could do this weekend either Saturday or Sunday early evening say ? Its short notice I know. Or perhaps another day?

Just to look at each others cars ,chill, even see some cows and calves:lol:and possibly go to local pub if you want- but am aware of drink/drive issue.
I think its possible to private message you with my address details, so let me know which day suits you and hopefully it will be possible to get some Norfolk owners here.

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

Daytona said

It depends on how much notice you need,but could do this weekend either Saturday or Sunday early evening say ? Its short notice I know. Or perhaps another day?

Just to look at each others cars ,chill, even see some cows and calves:lol:and possibly go to local pub if you want- but am aware of drink/drive issue.
I think its possible to private message you with my address details, so let me know which day suits you and hopefully it will be possible to get some Norfolk owners here.

Haha the one weekend I’m not free ,  btw are you the same Marcus that was on Dub gen way back when??

Back to the top
I am about Saturday, if there is drinking involved I will get dropped off  :lol:

Back to the top

wilko13 said

Daytona said

Haha the one weekend I’m not free ,  btw are you the same Marcus that was on Dub gen way back when??

Hi budy, yes I am that same Marcus! Would be good to see you. Are you about Sunday? as could move it?

Hi Dann-its not a booze event :lol: but your welcome.

I need to see what day suits you lot before we fix it as could be tomorrow or sunday- if that works for you Norfolk guys?

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

Sunday my son is being christened so spending sat preparing everything then Sunday the event. Next week would be great but if I miss this one then if u did another would be great to catch up with you, think the last time was at the village inn at Melton

Back to the top

wilko13 said

Sunday my son is being christened so spending sat preparing everything then Sunday the event. Next week would be great but if I miss this one then if u did another would be great to catch up with you, think the last time was at the village inn at Melton

Yes it would be good to see you aas its been quite a while since those Little Melton days!

If I could I would do next week but not sure about work, also depends on how many can make this weekend?.

If not your welcome anyway.Good luck with that Christening on Sunday.

Back to the top

Another Norfolk MK1

I could do next weekend or even better the weekend of the 1st. Tomorrow and a Sunday are no good for me at I'm stuck in a field in Suffolk at the moment.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.