Skip navigation

Coolant hoses

Back to the top

Confusing

Well everydays a school day…. yes you are right, no water feed oil cooler fitted to your car, must be just Gti's which have a oil cooler.  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Mark1 i was gonna ask you seeing as yours is a daily driver like mine how do you get on for insurance ie mileage limits etc my insurance put me on 5k per annum limit ive done 3k in just over 3 months granted its summer and im out in it a lot

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Well everydays a school day…. yes you are right, no water feed oil cooler fitted to your car, must be just Gti's which have a oil cooler.  :thumbs:
They installed in on 89 and below Cabbies, but not the 90-93's  what is really weird is that they installed in on MK2 Golfs/Jetta's/Passat's of 90-93…  I am glad they didn't as I like external thermo-controlled ones.  On my Autos they did make a heck of a difference running down the hot roads with the a/c on.

Just had an additional thought, it is probably because they switched over to the "Digifant" and the plastic flanges and newer sensors…… but then the Golfs had those as well. 3 less things to break on a car isn't a bad thing.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
My Golf is on a normal every day car insurance, 12,000 miles a year policy as I do around 10,000 miles a year.
My Mk1 Scirocco is on a classic car insurance from Lancaster and that has a 6,000 mile a year policy which was no problem for them but as I found you can only have 1 no claims bonus even though it still me driving… It costs me more to insure my 1.6 Scirocco than the Gti cabriolet….  O_o

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top
Ok mate thanks for that i was unaware that i could insure it straight off on a standard policy .il look into mate i bet il do 10k this year too .i just love driving the thing 😀😀

Back to the top
Just a quick one guys i need my fuel pipes renewing there extremely corroded i found an old thread on here aboit it .some saying copper others saying braided stainless rubber fuel hoses are fine it was a bit inconclusive. Whats your thoughts .thanks

Back to the top
Worth starting a new thread on this subject as it will confuse others if we start another subject in this coolant hoses thread.

Back to the top
Well i got a metal coolant pipe its spot on £20 on ebay including delivery 👍👍

Back to the top
Good to hear it's the right part.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks mark1 only thing is it has some screw threads on it .as in welded screws pointing out no idea what attatches to them as my current metal pipe does not have them ??

Back to the top
Those Extra threaded studlys are for hose clips on various models.  

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks briano .i thought it might be something like that .how do you advertise classifieds on here mate
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.