Skip navigation

Just will not run. Over fuelling?

Back to the top
New Lift pumps over here are less than 50 dollars USD most that I have ordered online included a new filter screen as well.

That little interconnect from the pump to the sender is a Vibration Dampner.
It is prone to Holing, Collapsing internally, and or breaking and dropping the lift pump into the tank.

If you have it all out that far, then for goodness sake replace it with a piece of 5/16 e-10 rated fuel line.

If you can clean all the corrosion off the sender unit (white powder and or rust.)

I have a how to on removing the lift pump, that shows you how I replace it and use a string to keep the new filter screen attached so it doesn't drop off.

The new Filter screen is just a snug fit thing and winding that back in to the tank I have dropped it on more than one occasion until Eureka I got an Idear.

1984.5-1993 mk1 How to change your in-tank fuel pump | Volkswagen Owners Club Forum

In this one, I have done a single pump conversion on my 92 Digi, that you can't do on a CIS.  So that is why you see a single hose clamp on it.  On normal Digis there are 2 Spring clips.

Repairing your Fuel Sending Unit | Volkswagen Owners Club Forum

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks bri I'm alittle lost on the hose replacement thing tbh and if tried to clean the white stuff off with no joy 😣

1991 Mk1 Golf GTi Rivage 1.8cc
113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.