Skip navigation

**wanted** HELP! 1.8T build thread for mk1.

Back to the top

**wanted** HELP! 1.8T build thread for mk1.

NEWbie with the 1.8t

Following. Good read

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi all.

What do people do with tiding up the pipe work (coolant and vaccum pipes)?

looks like a mess but i feel like some of it can be deleted or replaced with decent aftermarket part?

Would be handy to see what people have done and read there ideas.

Back to the top
Just another little thing to do. If no one has mentioned it to you if your running the agu engine you will need a different off side engine mount. I brought a kit when I did mine and the engine sat high. So I looked into it and the drivers side mount for a agu is diffrent. Also defiantly go for the newer engine management of go stand-alone. If you go for the newer one you will need all the sensors to go with it including the throttle bodie. Also with the loom rubjohny of here did mine. He's a wiz at wiring.

Back to the top
hi guys

anyone had a little issue with the fitment of the cambelt after fitting the manual tensioner? everything is done correctly and the engine turns over lovely but the belt of the camshaft gear seems to move off the gear slightly when you have turned it over a few times. the only difference is ive fitted a 9mm spacer instead of the mentioned 8mm. but the belt sits well in the middle of the tensioner pulley so its not getting forced to one side.

just abit confused….

thanks

Back to the top
There is some movement while the belt seeks centerline.

The usual culprits are the Tensioner stud isn't truely at 90 all way around if it is terribly off, but a wee bit of movement isn't a killer as i never have seen one that is truely centered it is aways a wee bit off.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Briano1234 said

There is some movement while the belt seeks centerline.

The usual culprits are the Tensioner stud isn't truely at 90 all way around if it is terribly off, but a wee bit of movement isn't a killer as i never have seen one that is truely centered it is aways a wee bit off.

Alright cheers dude, I've sorted it. I got the spacer machined to 7.5mm and the belt sits on the cam sprocket lovely now.

Back to the top
Guys, I'm dry fitting the engine.

I've got the gear box mount and rear gear box mount fitted great. Just struggling with the Epytec front gearbox mount (bolts on to front panel) it's a long way out for getting the two bolts into it to bolt it to the front panel… anyone had issues before?

Plus I'm fitting a Epytec reinforced engine mount as I only had the small block in this engine. I want to get the front mount on and secure as the throttle body and manifold seem to abit in the air. (Read alot of people having the same issue) just wondered if people had any updates on the issues?

Cheers guys.
There are too many online users to list.