Skip navigation

My First Golf Posters

Back to the top

Backinblack said

It would be great to email a picture of our cars and and get back some of these great drawings. I am sure there is a living in it somewhere for you. Great work and a nice talent to have. Like Chip Foose of the MK1 world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's something I'd be happy to do but not sure how many people would be so happy to pay enough to make it worth while. Creating things you can sell more than once will always be cheaper than one off's.

Marc

Back to the top
Just started to have a play with a different drawing app, Affinity Designer. They want artwork to showcase the new version of their app so I'm trying to finish it and submit it for consideration. Think they'll probably go with what's currently trendy, so flat stuff or cartoony, but you never know.  Can't decide between Miami blue or Mars red but I've made it very easy to change the body work colour.

Screenshot at Aug 24 15-14-12.png

Marc

Back to the top
That is just plain awesome!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
You should submit this as an entry for the 2018 calander. This looks really cool.  :thumbs:  :wub:

Back to the top
Thanks but I've still got time to mess it up, lol.

Marc

Back to the top
Just sold a set of 'Zender' Windsplits on eBay and the buyer sent me a pic of the actual car they're being put onto.

In your earlier post you mentioned 'Batmobile'… until I saw the later drawing I thought it was one of these you'd drawn.

Would definitley make a great subject for one of your images!

Here's someone elses with them already fitted -

Back to the top
No, fancied doing the real thing, not sure why just did. But yes an E9 would be a nice car to draw but there are loads of classics that would be. Not at all interested in modern stuff at the moment. Someone wanted me to draw all Mk's of GTI, but apart from time I don't fancy drawing MK3's (ugh that was bland/ugly) onwards.

Did finish the blue Mk1

golf rear.jpg

Just started on a 1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale. Just a side view but for that car it's the best view.

Marc

Back to the top
That turned out great! Keep up the high standard of work!
:thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks.

Marc

Back to the top
For the couple of people interested that lastest one, not Golf related but a nice Ferrari. The Dino Berlinetta Speciale prototype which was shown at the 1965 Paris motor show.

1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale Small.jpg

Marc

Back to the top
Your work is stunning! Treat it as if it has the value it has- clearly a lot of hours go into those pictures.

Is there a chance you would consider a commission of a Maico Maicoletta scooter?

Back to the top

polynesian said

Your work is stunning! Treat it as if it has the value it has- clearly a lot of hours go into those pictures.

Is there a chance you would consider a commission of a Maico Maicoletta scooter?
Thanks. It did take a few hours and a few more…

I was thinking about doing a motorcycle, had thought about an Indian Four (James Dean had one, I think) but can't find a decent sized photo so am doing an e-type jag, open bonnet, so my first engine.

PM me about the scooter though.

Last edit: by mkeeley

Marc

Back to the top
Latest one, Jaguar E-Type Lightweight, it took ages. I need to think of some more Mk1 Golf ones.

Jaguar E-Type Lightweight 1024.jpg

It obviously loses most of the detail reduced this much so a larger version of Flickr (still tiny compared to the actual output).

Marc

Back to the top
These are quite amazing Marc. Regardless of make/model, keep posting!
Have you considered adding a watermark? I would hate for anybody to not get credit for their talents.

Back to the top
Thanks Fausto. I could do but they're only low-res versions, for example the full size of the Jaguar is over 12k x 10k, so other than for screen they're not much use to anyone.

Marc

Back to the top
A few new ones with some Golf content as promised. The Batmobile I just fancied doing. The Golf will get a proper background but haven't decided what yet. The Golf front is just a flat drawing, so kept simple just a few gradients. As usual these are tiny previews.

1966 Batmobile Front.jpg Mk1 Golf GTI Front.jpg Mk1 Golf GTI Grille Flat.jpg

Marc

Back to the top
Awesome!
Don`t you really think about paintng pictures to order?
I´m sure many will be interested…

Back to the top
Thanks.

They're vector illustrations, so digital art not traditional like oil or acrylic. If anyone was interested in something custom then they can message me and we can discuss it.

Marc

Back to the top

mkeeley said

Thanks.

They're vector illustrations, so digital art not traditional like oil or acrylic. If anyone was interested in something custom then they can message me and we can discuss it.

Art, anyway.
So, I underestand you should "serve" your drawings by email, pendrive or so, not printed

Back to the top
Yeah it depends on the project as to how someone supplies digital art. The output file can be put on a server for download (or I guess sent on a thumbdrive but that's not too common)  or it can be printed. You would use giclee printing, basically a big posh injet printer which use archival quality ink and quality paper.

Most people get someone else to print as they're the experts and the equipment is expensive to very expensive plus any screw ups in printing doesn't cost you money. Most are able to post it to a customer rather than it being sent to you and you then posting it. Some do COA's too and take care of limited edition prints.

Marc
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.