Karmann.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
That link don't work either. 

It's the green one in Melton Mowbray. 

Back to the top

Karmann.

I've checked my build sheet and it turns out I'm just plain old GTI owner nothing rare or special (apart from the power roof !)
But we still live the old girl. My daughter if asked would rather ride in the golf than my 335i twin turbo bmw convertible! I knew I'd trained her well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Thanks dude 

Back to the top

Karmann.

Looks like a good solid car I've got the original wheels that came with mine still, just like those but red. Don't mean to tell you how to suck eggs but check that vinyl roof at the top of the B posts / hoop for cracks, that's where mine had gone . Any how good luck

3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad

Back to the top
I need advice dude. I don't know a lot about cars. 

I'll go over em with a fine tooth comb though. 

Back to the top
Did you see my post at the bottom of page 1?
Some more things to look for.

Another thing I would check is inside the fuel tank but it's not the sort of thing you can do when looking to buy a car but a job to do if you get one. The k-jet fuel injection is very reliable but can be expensive to fix and troublesome if dirt, water etc gets into the system.
I use my car as a daily and have for the last 20 years and it's never let me down, I've recently done some MPG calculations using the amount of fuel used and miles covered and at between 40-44 mpg I'm pleased with that and I've not been driving like a nun to get those figures, normal commute to work along some national speed limit Somerset roads.

Regular service and clean the bottom of the car, wheel arches and around the fuel filler neck twice a year and they make a good daily, Mines never been welded or restored, 270,000 miles and the engine was refurbed now at 283,000 miles later and mines still doing the daily services. :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Did you see my post at the bottom of page 1?
Some more things to look for.

Another thing I would check is inside the fuel tank but it's not the sort of thing you can do when looking to buy a car but a job to do if you get one. The k-jet fuel injection is very reliable but can be expensive to fix and troublesome if dirt, water etc gets into the system.
I use my car as a daily and have for the last 20 years and it's never let me down, I've recently done some MPG calculations using the amount of fuel used and miles covered and at between 40-44 mpg I'm pleased with that and I've not been driving like a nun to get those figures, normal commute to work along some national speed limit Somerset roads.

Regular service and clean the bottom of the car, wheel arches and around the fuel filler neck twice a year and they make a good daily, Mines never been welded or restored, 270,000 miles and the engine was refurbed now at 283,000 miles later and mines still doing the daily services. :thumbs:

Yes dude. Saw your post. Thanks for all the advice, I'll take it all on board. 

The lad with the grey one has offered to wax oil the bottom after I have inspected it free of charge as he works in his dad's garage. 

Back to the top

Karmann.

Wax oil is brilliant stuff if applied properly, just concentrate on looking at the car, be objective and don't be drawn into conversation and you'll be fine, make a check list… mark1gls gave you a great list of things to look for. Don't be put off, he wants your money as much if not more than you want his car lol, be lucky and my the force be with you.

3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad

Back to the top

jamie8v said

Wax oil is brilliant stuff if applied properly, just concentrate on looking at the car, be objective and don't be drawn into conversation and you'll be fine, make a check list… mark1gls gave you a great list of things to look for. Don't be put off, he wants your money as much if not more than you want his car lol, be lucky and my the force be with you.

Will do. Cheers dude. 

Back to the top
There is a buying guide somewhere.

It's very useful, I used it when buying Lady Borednows cabby………. of course in the case of Clive there was an 'X' next to most of the things on the list!    But at £400 when I wanted something to build who cares!  :P

Print off the list and take it with you. Tick the good bits as you check them, makes a good bargaining tool too.  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Karmann.

Moojii said

jamie8v said

Will do. Cheers dude.Ã, 

Here's the buying guide mate:

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=53

Si

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

Karmann.

Moojii, how did you get on at the weekend any impulse purchases?

3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.