Skip navigation

Mk1 Caddy 92

Back to the top

borednow said

Nice vid.

Picked up a couple of handy tips too, ta.

Love the axle stands by the way. Got a bit more info on them? Size of sheet? Bolted or welded?

Ian

Glad to help

The roller plates that the axle stands are on, were………lets say donated, from work.

I welded the stands onto them for safety more than enything.  But it makes moving the caddy around easy.

Thanks
Russell

Back to the top

Russell22dc said

borednow said

Nice vid.

Picked up a couple of handy tips too, ta.

Love the axle stands by the way. Got a bit more info on them? Size of sheet? Bolted or welded?

Ian

Glad to help

The roller plates that the axle stands are on, were………lets say donated, from work.

I welded the stands onto them for safety more than enything.  But it makes moving the caddy around easy.

Thanks
Russell

The sheet is 10mm thick mild steel.the wheels aren't ideal, they are a hard rubber, but when stationary for long period, the rubber flattens out a bit.  If i was going to make a more, i'd use hard plastic wheels on the castors.

Back to the top
So I fanally got finished editing the 4th part of the air ride install, plumbing the front bags up.

VW Mk1 Caddy Rabbit Air Ride Install Part 4 - YouTube

Back to the top
Finally finished the air ride install.  Taken it to its first show at Stoner Park last weekend too.  Well happy with it.  Hears some pics of the rear end installation…….
parts in car.jpg
Manifold.jpg
rabbit laid.jpg
rear left.jpg
watts link.jpg
at stoner.jpg

Back to the top
Here is the final video on the fitment of the rear suspension and the first running of the management

VW Mk1 Caddy Rabbit Air Ride Install Part 5 Final - YouTube

Back to the top
Tidy install  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Very nice looking install. Beautiful looking caddy too 👍

Matt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.