Skip navigation

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 25 - Fri 9th - Sun 11th June 2017

Back to the top

25th year of Bristol Volksfest celebration this year !

** ANYONE COMING TO THE SHOW PLEASE USE THE TRADERS ENTRANCE TO GET ONTO THE STAND NOT THE GENERAL ENTRANCE **

The MK1 Golf OC stand is in the main arena so we have to go in by traders entrance, I want to try and avoid anyone getting stuck going into general entrance and then not being able to turn around in que of traffic etc, its a new site this year so all new for me to

FRIDAY CAMPERS
- Make your way to stand area, please camp at back of stand, I will be along Fri afternoon to get club show shelter set up etc etc. If anyone is bringing camper vans and awnings etc, please try and park them alongside edges of camping section etc

SATURDAY MORNING CONVOY MEETING POINT 08:15 / 08:30 - "The Jubilee Inn", Main Road, Flax Bourton, BS48 3QX. - Its about a 5 min or so drive to the show site but there will be traffic leading up to the show site ,so we will be LEAVING MEETING POINT @ 08:35. We can then convoy in together and I can park everyone up on the sand

SUNDAY DAY VISITORS - Please be in an on the stand by 09:00, there is no vehicle movement after 09:00 allowed on stand by the organisers of the show.

Hi Guys

Its that time of the year again and I am a little late in getting the thread up, so am going to try and keep it a bit shorter this year and stick to the headlines

Please add your name below in thread if you are coming :-)

For those who has not been before, or want to see what a great weekend this is - PLEASE SEE OLD PICS AND DETAILS OF WHAT TO EXPECT HERE - https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=national_2%2Fbristol-volksfest-2016

So the headlines are :-)

The Show - An absolutely fantastic weekend show or even just to come along for a day. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary of holding Bristol Volksfest this year so its going to be a big one! for full details please see the Bristol Volksfest Website - http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/

Dates - Fri 9th to Sun 11th June - People can come for the day, all 3 days with camping, 2 days and camping the Sat night etc or which ever combination they would like. If you could note below against your name what your intentions are that helps me with stand planning though, (i.e Sat day visitor, Sun day visitor, weekend camping etc)

Clubstand - As we support this event every year we have been asked to show in the main arena! this is great for us and great exposure for the club. The only limitation this does have is that to get on the club stand this year there will be no car movement allowed between 09:00 and 16:00 on the Sat and Sun. I think this should be ok for the majority as generally most either camp on the Sat night (some Fri night to) or come as day visitors early, then leave after 16:00 anyway. If the general feeling is this is a pain though please let me know and we can go on a pitch on the general walk in area to the show, but I think it would be good to be in the main arena

Tickets - Please try and pre book tickets by the 15th May 2017. They are holding the early bird ticket price of £35 till then, and it also will give them and I and idea of how many we have confirmed and they do sometimes use that to allocate club camping stand space for us, but they are generally good and know we put on a show of around 30 cars+ each year.

** PLEASE MAKE SURE WHEN YOU BOOK WEEKEND CLUB TICKETS YOU ENTER THE CLUB NAME "MK1 GOLF OC" **

** TICKETS FOR CLUB CAMPING MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE THIS YEAR **

For weekend tickets - http://bristolvolksfest.festivalprosoftware.com/?showBookEvent1&EVENTID=5171&TID=35%20

For day visitors tickets / other tickets - scroll to relevant selection here - http://bristolvolksfest.festivalprosoftware.com/?showBookEvent1&EVENTID=5061&TID=35

This show in my opinion is a great show, it has got better and better year on year, and outside of the AGM and Malvern is one of my favourites . Also thanks to you guys, the numbers representing the club have got better and better each year and months after last year I have people commenting on how great the 2016 MK1 golf stand looked, so THANK YOU for that.

I have probably missed a few things as rushing a bit, as short on time and wanted to get thread up but will amend when needed, the main thing is lets start getting some names down for

BRISTOL VOLSFEST "25" - 2017 !!

Cheers

Rich

PS the venue location has changed     new venue address = Venue Address: Birches Farm, Long Ashton, BS41 9AG

PPS - As always I will more than likely do a convoy in on the Sat morning with all that want to meet, it will be 08:00 meet up close to the venue, meeting point TBC

Last edit: by richyhill

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
FRIDAY CAMPERS - Make your way to stand area, please camp at back of stand, I will be along Fri afternoon to get club show shelter set up etc etc. If anyone is bringing camper vans and awnings etc, please try and park them alongside edges of camping section etc

SATURDAY MORNING CONVOY MEETING POINT 08:15 / 08:30
- "The Jubilee Inn", Main Road, Flax Bourton, BS48 3QX. - Its about a 5 min or so drive to the show site but there will be traffic leading up to the show site ,so we will be LEAVING MEETING POINT @ 08:35. We can then convoy in together and I can park everyone up on the sand

SUNDAY DAY VISITORS - Please be in an on the stand by 09:00, there is no vehicle movement after 09:00 allowed on stand by the organisers of the show.

I WILL ADD NAMES HERE AS PEOPLE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE

1. richyhill - Sat/Sun camping
2. arf333 - Sat / Sun
3. Dainish - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
4. dude10028 - Sun day
5. Bored now - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
6. Laura Walker - Sun day
7. Yomp - Sat/Sun camping, possible Fri
8. Funk Star - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
9. Adam Elvin - Sat & Sun day
10. Pasty Baleke - Sat/Sun poss camping
11. Gavin Anthony  - Sat day
12. Simon Berry - TBC
13. Ghia - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
14. David McMilligan - TBC - Rocco
15. Jamie Lockyer - TBC - Jetta
16. Anton Elliot - TBC
17. Stuart & Nikki Abrams - Sat/Sun camping
18. Billy Atkins - TBC
19. Barry Parnell - Fri/Sat/Sun
20. Nick Wilson
21. Ian Hardaker
22. Chris Taylor - Sat / Sun camping
23. Garry Cooper (with Pasty Baleke) - Sat/Sun poss camping
24. Dominic Steel - Sun, possibly Sat
25. Deandubya - Sat/Sun camping but possibly main camping not club stand camping
26. Mattgee - Sat poss camping
27. Lee Watkins
28. Lee Watkins (Mate)
29. J_foot - Sat day
30. Tonky - Fri/Sat/ Sun or Sat/Sun
31. Macca - Fri/Sat/Sun
32. Daz1971 Fri/Sat/Sun or Sat/Sun
33. Greig Harvey - Fri/Sat/Sun
34. Paul Wayman - Sat/Sun camping
35. BensMk1 - TBC, Sat and possibly Sun
36. Kamikaze Cabby - Fri / Sat / Sun caming
37. Trizcatt02 - Sun day visitor
38. Dubboy (Raj) Fri / Sat / Sun camping
…..……. Keep em coming , no limit to numbers !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
funk-star can you have a word with Gav and the Berkshire peep's see if they are all in again this year, let me know if you guys are coming down on the Fri again and we can get both the Colman tents linked up etc  :thumbs:

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
36thcrazyfist hey mate hope all is well, will you be able to make this?

Also I am not sure how I do it but can you make this thread a sticky / pin it at top of National section for me please mate? x

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
ok, some names from last years thread, sorry if I have already tagged you in  ;)

arf333 Lara Walker Yomp Dainish daz1971 ijs1985 GHIA Laracb sportlinecab dude10028 baywong8 sparkstu niknaks123 jellybelly Ginner (expect to see you this year gas head!) Trizcatt02 Pasty Balecke RattyDub Deandubya ans4r (no excuses this year brother Crow) Dean May TeeTee Theo/clipper

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
yeah I'm coming Friday pretty sure funk-star is too he wouldn't miss sausage fest  :lol:

Back to the top
Hi Rich. I will be there Sunday. See you then. Andy

Back to the top
Mr Richy Hill Sir,

Please may I be included in this laudable list of miscreants?

Probably roll in with you lot on the Sat morning (after a nice night in a B&B) and camping Sat night.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Think we will be there on Sunday,

Back to the top
Best weekend outside of the AGM imo!! :lol:
Missed it last year but will be there this year if all goes well!

Back to the top
Wonderful nice one rich. Can you book two places for me n the wife for sat and Sunday. I will order tickets soon. Pasty balecke.  (G6VSS)

@volkswhores 

Back to the top
Can I also add a space for a friend for both days. His name is Garry cooper. Not sure if he's a member. 

@volkswhores 

Back to the top
How you doing Rich? yeh man… i'm up for this - fab weekend… not sure what's happening with days camping.. a few of our friends (2 couples & 3 kids) have said 'they'll come' so not sure if i'll have to just book a camp on the camping grounds & not by the club stand. my car will be there though :lol: i'll get on the case & do some hassling…

Back to the top
I've put this one in the calendar early this year. i think arriving saturday and camping but shall confirm.

Back to the top
Bump. keep em coming  :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Stupid question perhaps… i'm bringing my car & the wife is driving my daily kitted up including the kids :lol: so will i have to book 1 club stand ticket & 1 general weekend camp or 2 on the general camp as that's where i'll be sleeping with the family. Looking at the website i'm getting the impression club tickets are only if you're camping..?? Cheers.

Back to the top
Hey rich I can confirm that I will be there with two cars camping from sat morning till close on Sunday. Will anyone be taking a BBQ etc?

@volkswhores 

Back to the top
Deandubya - just saw your post, think we covered this when messaging on FB? pop your car over to the stand whever you want

Pasty Balecke I don't think we will have anyone to tow down the Mk1 BBQ this year.

I will try and bring one with me

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY
There are too many online users to list.