Skip navigation

Cabby Gti

Back to the top

You can use wet suit material - from the upper arms/lower leg sections.

Take them to a clothing alteration place and they can insert  large plastic zips so you can wrap them around the coil over and threaded section and zip them up water tight,

The wet suit material will flex with the movements of the coil over but not tear or split. The large plastic zipper won't rust either. You can then easily remove them to clean etc or show off you nice shiny coil overs at show time. Different solution but effective!

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Great idea mate, I'll do a bit of searching, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

I'm also thinking if I buy zips myself it might be cheaper and easier to get them made. Who has zips?

Back to the top

Checkout a diving or surf shop. There has to be a wet suit manufacturer in the UK.

Contact them and they'll probably make you up a set or at least be able to supply you with the wet suit material and zips.

You could look at buying a second hand wet suit and use material from that.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Just checking the red paint on the grill is mars red? Correct? Is the code La3a ? Or L 31b? I'm a bit confused it's an 83 car

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Not much happening, I got a set of goodridge braided hoses for the cabby, these are for g60 brakes also going with mk4 calipers on the rear

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Scuttle panel pics, I’m going to jazz up the engine bay when I change the engine. Any pics out there of your golfs with the scuttle panel removed ?

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

No work been done of late but maybe I’ll get the finger out over the holidays , I bought this lot for the rear brakes

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Spacers I think

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Been working on this for the last day or so I had it on a lift and it’s weird, the car was originally bronze with a carb engine which I knew from when I took the wings off . Then it was painted black . And now sports a power hood which is blue mohair to match the blue paint which is on it now.

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Been working on the rear brakes over the last few days, all the orange on these parts is powder coat. I dont believe in stripping perfectly good paint to reapply it again, so I just flatted it back and painted it black,also cleaned up the Calipers mk4 jobbies

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

I have to pick up new bolts and washers but I dont want to buy from main dealer cos there too expensive, right? Part no I need N907 589 01 the bolts. Then 321 501 119A the concave washers . I need 8 of each . Where else could I try? Also the caliper carrier bolts which I don’t have , I have to source. Thanks folks .

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Does anybody know if the 256mm front brakes the same for 8v and 16v models? I’m using opel calipers and am unsure about what disc and pads I need?Also when using mk4 calipers on the rear disc set up what are the brake pads from? Thanks

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Not much physical work been done, well none to be honest. Busy st work, too cold, car isn’t parked near my house, But I have got lots of swag for the car i bought these from vw heritage, I have them fitted to my tin top, not brilliant but by no means shabby.

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

I am also redoing the full brake system I bought new front brake discs and pads, I also got new rear discs and pads plus new bearings

Back to the top
What do those red bush,s feel like?  For some reason always been under the impression they are very hard, with little flex and will put a lot of noise/vibration into the car.

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Hi mate, I have them in my tin top, they definitely are stiffer but it has a g60 engine so they suit it really well I think, I bought them for a cabby I’m tidying, Zi won’t be using the engine mount bushes though way too hard, I have a Tdi for the cabby which I’ll use at some stage. For a modded golf engine wise , I reckon stiffer ride is the trade off plus I have a son in college who’s a sponge for my cash. Original parts are overpriced too. If I had wads of cash I would buy the best there is . But saying that I’m only in the car by myself or with a petrol head and they couldn’t care less anyway

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Been busy swapping the whole front suspension over from my tin top onto the cabby , I gonna use the g60 brake set up on the cabby so I cleaned and painted the lot and hopefully weather permitting fit it tomorrow yep  drank them beers in the process, I needed a base  while I was spraying this lot

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Question folks are these bump stops fitted in the right order?

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

got the front suspension finished and took of rotten exhaust

There are too many online users to list.