Skip navigation

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

also the gear change from the O2J tower and shifter is great compared to the o2a tower setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Mario

I was also changing the front bumper on mario , as I  broke mine on the porch door while I stupidly started the car in gear , ouch , I noticed all the lovely air to my intercooler that wasn't getting thru, so out with the grinder

Back to the top

Mario

Just checking, on gti/driver models the decals on the rear window is there decals on black cars? I know silver and red cars have black decals , and also where can I buy decals?

Back to the top

Mario

I have a decal on my black one and believe they were standard for all gti. I think I brought mine from classic vw. Read my project thread for tips how to apply.

Back to the top

Mario

Cheers mate, hard to see in pictures but is your waistline trim chrome?

Back to the top

Mario

No mine is black with a silver decal line

Back to the top

Mario

Back to the top

Mario

would mine look odd if I put the gti side stripes on and left the chrome trim on ? Would it put off potential buyers do you reckon?

Back to the top

Mario

If building to sell then leave them off all together are a personal choice so best to have blank canvas. Only about £250 to have professionally supplied and fitted. I did a diy job for about £100. I saw gold ones at the AGM and liked that look so leave alone for buyer to change. Enthusiasts buy mk1 golfs and not joe public so they know what they want and what they will be wanting to change.

Back to the top

Mario

Cheers mate I've bought the stripes along with new badges and a few other bits of trim and my bestest buddy ever is putting the stripes on for me , I was going to put the waistline trim on a cabby I'm putting together and buy black waistline trim for the tintop.

Back to the top

Mario

Good luck to him. Out of rebuilding mine the lower decal was the hardest job. Even worse than a new roof lining. Make sure he knows what he is in for before he starts or you may end up falling out 🤞

Back to the top

Mario

Then I'm thinking leave tin tip as it is keep the spending to a minimum but then again I want try get as much as I can for the car so the factory look is probably the way to go

Back to the top

Mario

He did one on another car  recently and did a good job , so he has my vote

Back to the top

Mario

If you haven't fitted them yet this was at the AGM and looked pretty nice with a simple change from silver.

Back to the top

Mario

Gold sticker is it?

Back to the top

Mario

Not much happening, been away with work for the last couple of months, I bought some mars red paint and refurbished the grill trim and a bit of chrome paint for the vw badge, I have a new sticker for the GTI badge too,

Back to the top

Mario

my buddy James mk1eighty put some stripes on for me , what a difference.

Back to the top

Mario

ive been looking for caps for my pirelli ps but there too expensive, I picked up five of these caps for 20 euro and there the same size as the pirelli p cap in the pic

Back to the top

Mario

can anybody recommend a plastic filler to flush fill over the vw logo?

Back to the top

Mario

Looking for help with my brakes, I have g60 brakes up front and I want to change to 256 mm discs so I can fit these 14 â€Âceps, can I use the adapter brackets I have the g60 on now and  just bolt on a set of 16v carriers which cushti kindly donated? Thanks folks

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.