Skip navigation

m.k4 rear brakes

Back to the top
171 609 721 C

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Alright daz been onto Gsf. I gave them that part no. And the main man Murray reckons your part no. Isn't for 16v scirocco cables. I posted the part no. For the ones that I bought for my hardtop, which I bought from Gsf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
I don't know then?

I found them on heritage website then asked the guy when i ordered them if they would be what I wanted and he said yes.

I have also emailed them before to check my other parts and said about this cable.

Back to the top

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

heres the receipt

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Your pic  I think they are for cars that are using drums as opposed to rear disc brakes

Back to the top
Yeah I'm not sure when I looked at the ends that would connect to the caliper arm they don't have the same nipple?

Back to the top
IMG_3638.PNG

Yep got the wrong ones even tho I asked on email and the phone for the to confirm.

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Yeah I thought so, I ordered mine from Gsf in Dublin this morning. I gave him your part no there and he said it was wrong . Nevertheless there on order so Gsf do sell them and they'll be coming in from new a U.K. Branch , so I can't understand why those part no.s I posted didn't work for you

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Sorry daz. I just noticed the part no. On your pic there. Same as the one on my receipt, ah well at least your sorted now

Back to the top
Well got to see about returning the wrong items to heritage now

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

alright daz found this in the shed not sure if it's any use

Back to the top
Thanks for the thought but I've already got mk2 16v disc conversion so for me it's just calipers and cables to change.

Well disc and pads too but you know what I mean.

Are the bearings part of the disc on the rear or can I just swap discs?

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Easier task ahead so, yeah as far as I can remember, new bearings, the only drawback. But what the hell  whats another twenty quid on top of the fifteen grand already spent

Back to the top

gafo said

Easier task ahead so, yeah as far as I can remember, new bearings, the only drawback. But what the hell  whats another twenty quid on top of the fifteen grand already spent

Yeah money's not the issues it's more lack of knowledge lol

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Lucky you ye rich fupper, that comes with time, reading manuals have a go , taking things apart and try put them back together, I'm not a mechanic and hadn't a clue when I started but I've done everything on the car except wiring in the relays that work the ecu, wiring scares me. Ha

Back to the top
I am an engineer so I'm sure I'll work it out ha ha

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Like I said rich fupper, ha.

Back to the top
if you mount the calipers the right way up you may find the scircco 16v cables are too short, i had this issue on my mk1 cab with mk3 calipers and genuine vw cables. In the end i cut the guide tubes down under the car by about 10mm

others have used pre-88 mk2 golf handbrake cables, they are a fair bit longer so i didnt think they would fit well but apparently its not an issue

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

m.k4 rear brakes

Cheers r.j I got the mk4 from a mate . So I'll be going with them

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.