Skip navigation

Anyone with photos on electrical power steering mounted in car.

Back to the top

Is it possible to do without modify the interior ?

First of all, if your car is left hand drive, just go and buy the factory PAS rack and then use a Mk2 pump, reservoir etc. There was never a RHD PAS rack for a mk1. There was a dealer approved conversion that cost ĢĢĢĢ's - that company no longer does that type of conversion.
TSR use to do a conversion that used a Nissan Bluebird rack - that was over Ģ1700 and is no longer available.
Various personal people over the years have adapted racks to fit.

I fitted the CrazyQuiffs Corsa setup to my wife's Cabby Sportline. The only thing you have to cut off is a secondary column mount that is not used as standard anyway. All the facia fits back, including the knee bar. What this means is that it will fit a tin top easily without facia modification!! The right hand air vent requires a flex I hose to be routed instead of the factory plastic stuff as the electric motor is in the way.
Here are a few pics
IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0320.JPG

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Ade
You says it will fit a tin top, but one of my concerns is that the cabby has a different lower knee bar (panel). The cabby one has more room, the tin top has a (dont know the name) "hole" for stuff.
Thanks for the info about the hose, then I know itīs possible to fix.
The secondary mount is used here in Sweden, but itīs not a problem to solve.

PAS, donīt know what/which that is ?

Back to the top

chortle said

Having said that the Toyota and Nissan ones were pump driven I think.
It's the corsa for leccy unless others have tried something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donīt know what leccy means (must remeber Iīm not using English as my fist language  :) )
But if itīs electrical that is not a must, even if I like the idea of donīt have to mess with the hydraulic parts. But I can go both way, whatever that feels right when itīs time (quite soon, want to do all welding/cutting before paint).
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.