Skip navigation

MEGASQUIRT ON 1.8 8V GTI ?

Back to the top

Any tips or advice ? Maybe some pics ?

Hi guys ! Looking to go megasquirt for fuel and spark and am needing any info on other people's set up's !
Have been told that I can use audi 2.0 8v fuel rail and the mk2 dizzy but I am unsure of what injectors to use?
Also do I retain the aav, 5th injector and vac lines ect ?

And the main thing is which ecu to choose ? Do I need the extra relay box ?

Keep finding info on 20vt's ect running megasquirt but not 1.8 8v's !
Basically I dont wont to sound like an idiot when I ring up to order lol !
Im lucky that megasquirt.co.uk is based about 15 miles away so I can pick it up in person !
Thanks !

Back to the top

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

Jake Snelling said

Hi guys ! Looking to go megasquirt for fuel and spark and am needing any info on other people's set up's !
Have been told that I can use audi 2.0 8v fuel rail and the mk2 dizzy but I am unsure of what injectors to use?
Also do I retain the aav, 5th injector and vac lines ect ?

And the main thing is which ecu to choose ? Do I need the extra relay box ?

Keep finding info on 20vt's ect running megasquirt but not 1.8 8v's !
Basically I dont wont to sound like an idiot when I ring up to order lol !
Im lucky that megasquirt.co.uk is based about 15 miles away so I can pick it up in person !
Thanks !

Before you order anything you need to understand it.
I assume this is to replace your current K jet?
I've never squirted a k-jet and there's probably no point. You may as well drop a digifant in or similar. I'm guessing you will probably need to change the head for a digifant type so you can fit standard style electronic injectors.
You won't need the fifth injector as MS will do the same job through the main injectors.
You will change the AAV with either a 3 or 4 wire one and the MS will control it by Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) You will need a throttle position switch (TPS)

Back to the top
Thanks john, I'll have a good look at that.
And yomp, I have a big valve head so don't intend on buying another ! You can get round it by using later mk2 injector seats ( or so ive heard ! ). I have read that g60 injectors work but will have to double check on that before I go buying !

Slowly forming a plan ! Not sure how to fit a tps to my throttle body yet but im sure I'll figure something out !

Back to the top
this may help re: throttle body ;)
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?131523

Back to the top
Ive been doing some research and apparently you can still use the 2 pin icv/aav that is already on the gti ! As long as the ecu is set up for it that is !

Have bought a audi 8v fuel rail and injectors of fleabay aswell as the injector wiring harness.
Also put in a cheeky offer on a 2e dizzy !
Cant get through to megasquirt on the phone so will try an email tonight to order the ecu itself.

Back to the top
Found this audi throttle body in my stash today !
It has a shaft mounted tps ( well I think its a tps) on it !
20160820_134353.jpg
Hopefully I can switch the butterfly shaft ect over to my current tb, will need to make a bracket to hold it in place.

Back to the top
Your garage looks like mine.   Lol

Back to the top

Use the Audi ABK Parts..  These are better than the 2e Parts. And combinated These with the VR6 injectors.. (Brown)

Posted at work…

Back to the top
Thanks figti, I have a spare vr6 engine so I'll check the injectors ! The fuel rail I have bought is from a ABK engine so should be good.
Is the 2e dizzy still ok to use as ive just bought one from ebay…
And ashton09, thats the tidy end of my garage lol.

Back to the top

Pic? I still modified my 2h Engine too.. First Step was a Complete PG Head and the vr6 injectors with a BB Chip.. Next Step These Winter is the 2e basement, 268 schrick, ABK throttle, ABK (Steuergerät) ECU.. Would be a good allday combo for my Cabriolet..

Posted at work…

Back to the top
the 2e dizzy will be fine, its exactly the same as the ABK dizzy :)

Back to the top

Any Pic what These is? Never hear that.. Possible

Posted at work…

Back to the top
sorry thats shorthand for 'distributor' :P

Back to the top

Ah ok.. Thx.

Posted at work…

Back to the top
20160827_150134.jpg
Slowly moving with this project ! Ive used pb digifant injector seats, vr6 injectors, audi 80 (abk) fuel rail. In the process of making the brackets to hold it all in place !
Just need to find/make the fuel feed and return pipes now !

Back to the top
20160827_154652.jpg
Anyone know what size and type of fittings attach to these on the fuel rail ?
Found some audi 80 fuel lines but they have the extra pipe for the 5th injector which I dont need ?
Screenshot_2016-08-27-16-48-00.png

Back to the top
Well ive found out that the 2e distributor doesn't fit the 1.8 8v block… Think I will look at locking my dizzy in place as its in perfectly good working order with new hall sender !

Back to the top
ah sorry I thought you were using the 2.0 bottom end as well for some reason!  the PB dizzy is basically identical to the 2E dizzy just smaller at the base to fit the smaller hole in the block and with a smaller gear to suit the 1.8 intermediate shaft.

cant help with fitting, all I can suggest is try various bolts till you find one that threads in nicely or buy 2 sets of ABK fuel lines, or maybe cut the nuts off that set and flare up your own set of metal pipes?

also try local hydraulics suppliers, they should be able to sort you out

Back to the top
No worries john as I was told by a few people that the dizzy would work ! Have another on the way now !
My ecu has arrived now so time to get wiring !
Just need to find out if I can drive the coil directly or still have to use the ignition control module.
There are some abk fuel lines on ebay so will try them. If they dont fit neatly then I can still use the fittings to make my own.
Will have to dust of the soldering iron and get cracking before summer is over !
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.