Skip navigation

75 marinogelb swallowtail

Back to the top
thats interesting, sounds a load cheaper than the one in Dudley SPL i think it is

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
i have a front end of a mk1 cut from the a pillar so has the windscreen surround still on it, i was going to chop the rain tray out to put back in mine, I'm in london if you need parts let be know or else il eBay whats left

Back to the top

G60RGE said

i have a front end of a mk1 cut from the a pillar so has the windscreen surround still on it, i was going to chop the rain tray out to put back in mine, I'm in london if you need parts let be know or else il eBay whats left

Is it from a swallowtail G60RGE ?

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

G60RGE said

Is it from a swallowtail G60RGE ?

nope  :$

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

volkswarren said

who is dipping it? and whats the cost roughly for a mk1?

Envirostrip are dipping it for me and is £895 without any primer.  It costs £300 - £500 depending on what primer you want on it thought.
  Irvs wants it left as is so he can sort any remaining bits of rust if there is any and then he will primer it himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£895 is that + Vat ? will they do a deal on cash? or for the mk1 forum? lol

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

No the price  excludes vat. Not asked about a cash deal either. Would be good if the owners club could get a discount !!

Back to the top
So i've been on the parts hunt as of late and managed to get a few panels.  I managed to find NOS front panel parts and I bought a full wing section from VW classic parts ready for the restoration in October.

17097243_10158340503635068_657555718858159803_o.jpg
17192375_10158340503775068_6756631163093843786_o.jpg
17159122_10158340503820068_7911268247024181931_o.jpg
IMG_1991.JPG
IMG_1992.JPG

Back to the top

Where did you get them from?

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

The inner wing was from vw classic parts, and the front panels were from a seller in Germany. VW classic parts told me that the front panel parts were discontinued in 1977

Back to the top
You do realise S1 and S2 inner wings are different?

Back to the top

I know yes, I'm going to use what I can from my car to try and compensate for it.

Back to the top

totenkopf said

You do realise S1 and S2 inner wings are different?
Wings are a nightmare, swallow tail are different again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

I've been trying to get swallowtail inner wings for a while, but I'm not having much joy !! A guy in Australia was breaking one that had solid wings but didn't get back to me after he said he'd ship them to me. If I come across a decent inner wing then I'll fit that.

Back to the top

Ive got an outer wing early type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top

I've been trying to get swallowtail inner wings for a while, but I'm not having much joy !! A guy in Australia was breaking one that had solid wings but didn't get back to me after he said he'd ship them to me. If I come across a decent inner wing then I'll fit that.

Back to the top

I'm not too fussed on outers as long as everything fits and lines up properly.
 I know somebody that has modified a later set to look like swallowtail wings, so that could be an option.

Back to the top
What's the actual difference between swallow and later S1 wings?

Nice find on the front panel dude! :)

Back to the top

On the front lower panel there is no tow eye, and on the upper there are two holes where as it is just one big one on the later panels. The cross member where the engine mount is different as well and has less holes in it.
  The wing has no swage for the lower trim and the top reinforcement is different I think.

Back to the top

Raul said

What's the actual difference between swallow and later S1 wings?

Nice find on the front panel dude! :)
They are different inside where the bolts hold it to the inner wing

And flat where the sill trim sits, as in no indentation.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Ah cool cheers, not much to worry about then. 

I neither of mine are original then… well the rotten one on my shed wall might be. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.