Skip navigation

Cutting out

Back to the top
So the new fuel neck turned up friday but like you said mark it doesnt fit. So my plan is to cut about 3 inch down and weld the new top half of the neck to the old bottom half. As the bottom half is good off the old one and only rusted at the top. As per picture. 20160424_194727.jpg 20160422_185221.jpg

I just chop the chips🍳🍳🍳

Back to the top
So what is the difference in the filler necks?
Is it the bend or length?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
It was both buti cut it to make it short. Then i noticed the bend which nent it sat about a inch too low. So i figure if i cut both pipe at the top where it goes from been wide to narrow,just after the breather point. It should be all okay.after there weldered back together. 

I just chop the chips🍳🍳🍳

Back to the top
Is it not better or possible to cut and weld it at the bottom like mine? I had a section cut out so I still had the ridge on the end and the right angle.

You can see the difference in the 2.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Probley about the same To be honest. 

I just chop the chips🍳🍳🍳

Back to the top
Tried your waymark but all my angles wrong. So ended up go from the top. Vac hoses all fitted, new fuel pump and petrol tank nexk fitted and george is running so smooth now.  Thankyou for you help guys. 

I just chop the chips🍳🍳🍳

Back to the top
20160426_162536.jpg 20160426_162345.jpg

I just chop the chips🍳🍳🍳
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.