Skip navigation

K-jet pressure test results - help

Back to the top
Just an update guys… took my car for a tune this morning!!!! bliss… lol. The guy said running rich before the bonnet popped up. Put some tension in the accelerator cable, adjusted the CO's/mixture & a bit more tuning stuff. Checked the injectors were fine… said for me to use fuel cleaner, which I do, take it for a run to 'get the soot off the plugs' & if there's any change in the running of it to take it back.. but I got no up or down in idling & pulling up… feels good!!!!!! really happy!  

Back to the top
Just check that if he has added tension in the accelerator cable that the throttle body is fully open when you floor the accelerator, you will need some to help/press the accelerator while you look at the throttle body/pedal.
If it's fully open just before you reach the floor, what happens is you put strain on the bend in the end of the cable and it opens out and the cable comes off the pedal or it rips the rubber/foam bush in the pedal if you are using or still have the Mk1 bush change it over for one fitting a Mk2 golf as they are a harder rubber and last a lot long GSF sell them for about £1, Mk1 golf bush is about £7?????

How I set mine is remove the little circlip which holds the cable in the holder on the rocker cover, get some one in the car to press the accelerator to the floor, pull the throttle body all the way open by hand then pull the plastic bit of the cable till it's tight the refit the clip to hold it in place. Job done!

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.