Skip navigation

Black Sportline 16v G60 Conversion

Back to the top
What you using the strip the inner wings? Steam?

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers for the comments

jellybelly yes mate, they were smothered with a wax coating (not complaining as completely rust free) when i took the wings off.

I didn't really wanna go too crazy on stripping  back the original, (yet) so used the seamer and it rips through the dirt/wax and leaves the wing spotless! Will give it coat of something before putting the wings back on, thinking maybe stone chip?????????

Will get some pics up at some point

Back to the top
Been trying to get as much done the bay over the past 2 weeks, stripped it back and should be ready for colour tomorrow. If I'm honest it's a bit of a quick fix, I'm desperate to drive it this summer, been off the road for so long and wanna put a few miles on the engine before I start diamond encrusting stuff :lol:   Started by getting all the waxoyl off, and then what I'm assuming was a layer of moody lacquer! It was a complete nightmare sitting there hours on end scraping it all off and for the record don't bother sanding waxoyl it kills the paper!  Did a small repair to the front panel latch as it had rusted either side, I will eventually change the front panel but this should do for now

I stone chipped the lower part of the bay first and acid etched the bare metal from sanding. I finally chucked a layer a lacquer on there today and I'm pretty happy with the results. Going to flat it and may put another coat before colour!

Bit apprehensive as this is the first time I've ever done any paintwork but I'm just gonna close my eyes and hope for the best!     

Randomly bought a trailer as well which will definitely come in handy! 

Back to the top
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back to the top
image.jpg

Back to the top
Hi,

I haven't seen your Sportline around Medway for quite a few years, I see this is due to its conversion, how is it progressing:?

Back to the top
From Medway! I think i know this car 🧐 it was under a cover for aaaaaaaaaages near where i live and was gonna ring the door bell 😂
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.