Skip navigation

EX cambelt OT sprocket mark

Back to the top
they changed along with the belt covers around late 1987, the late ones still have the inner mark its just they got an extra outer one for the OT cambelt cover arrow

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Over here across the pond, 89 Cabriolets and below have the metal upper cover, and only the dimple on the back side of the cam.  The 90-93 cabbies had the Dimple on the back, as well as the cover changed to plastic and the (0 | T) mark on the front side of the cam to align with the arrow on the rear plastic cover holder.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
karman must have taken longer to grab the plastic stuff from VW, those are mk2 golf figures and I assumed cab would have been the same!

Back to the top

rubjonny said

karman must have taken longer to grab the plastic stuff from VW, those are mk2 golf figures and I assumed cab would have been the same!
 the karmann stuff always interests me did they just get a big parts bin from vw kinda thing and handbuild the cars? I should do some research into it owning a karmann car really  :lol:

Back to the top
basically yes :)

Back to the top
Karmann was a coach works, they designed the Cabriolets for VW from the Beetle to the Cabrio as well as other manufacturer's
The Cabriolets were built at the coach works from the ground up.."All Verts all years are Karmann editions :)"
Scirocco
Corrado
Karmann Ghia (Italian designed Karman Built VW).
AMC Javelin 79K….
Renault
Were but some of the things built there over the years.

I would suppose that VW and others shipped them Rail Cars full of stuff or partially built frames…but then again after a production run of over 1,000,000 units and 40 years of rabbitness, a lot of swapping parts may have happened from the wreckers, scrappers, Yards, or swap meets….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karmann

www.cabby-info.com

Interesting tidbits on the "Westy" Mk1.
Some Mk1 history tidbits I wasn't aware of... | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
That's very interesting, I did think that too, the amount of times I'll tell a parts supplier on the phone my cars model year and get the standard response… "So it's a mk2" :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.