Skip navigation

Original Campaign FVT

Back to the top
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, especially the historical artifacts…. So its not just me that makes up blocks to protect the jacking areas  :ninja:

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
That's a really tidy Golf, interesting that the oil was changed every 3000 miles, I saw one just like yours parked up in a old boys garage a few years ago, would be interested to find out if its still there, I may have to drop a note through his door one day.

Back to the top
That boot is ridiculously clean! I love knowing that theres still MK1's as original as this one out there still. Credit to the owner. Hope to see this in person one day  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Santiago said

Hope to see this in person one day  :thumbs:
The owner brought it to last years AGM but it was tucked away in the day parking.

I'll try and bring it to this years but I'm involved in organising the event so may not get time.

Back to the top
First trip out yesterday on Monday with the campaign. - A photoshoot with the Telegraph newspaper at Bruntingthorpe. It was the first time I got to actually drive it anger to see how it was.

Felt good but not as quick as my black one. It probably isn't run in yet!

They had a 205 there which was bit of a dog so the MK1 should fare well. I made sure I told the journalist that its the wrong comparison as the 205 was coming in as the mk1 was being phased out.

Didn't get many shots as it was quite hectic. It should be in the motoring supplement in Saturday's Telegraph.

Worse part was my van I used to trailer it there went into limp mode about 1 mile out from my house in the morning. Spent £300 on it today changing the EGR valve.:dry:The very few I took……

015.JPG 015.JPG 015.JPG 015.JPG 015.JPG

Last edit: by Yomp

Back to the top
Great pictures, I'll be sure to pick up a copy this Sunday!

Octane magazine featured a similar feature, again with a 205, which I thought was wrong comparison too. Nonetheless the Mk1's always shine above the otter cars in these features, but I guess we are biass! 

Back to the top
Amazing find - there can't be many better than that for originality.

Always a tricky one whether you run it and enjoy it (not daily ride obviously) or preserve your investment for future.

Enjoy it whatever 👍

MK1 Golf GTi Campaign:Alpine White, Vauxhall Omega MV6, Alpina B10 3.3 Touring, Dolomite Sprint, MG ZT V6, Volvo T5 R estate  6C2B5B6F-1CA5-44CA-A93C-6B7F5206CD7F.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi
What an amazing find this gti is  :thumbs: your right the mk1 gti was born in the mid 70s the 205 is nearly a decade ahead. Had both & think the mk1 was better built. Loved the 205 at the time I'm not so sure if I had another it would feel as good. Top end the mk1 was a more steady machine

Back to the top

Original Campaign

Topmatt said

Great pictures, I'll be sure to pick up a copy this Sunday!

Octane magazine featured a similar feature, again with a 205, which I thought was wrong comparison too. Nonetheless the Mk1's always shine above the otter cars in these features, but I guess we are biass! 
I think the Telegraph motoring supplement is on Saturdays-wouldn't want you to miss it!
Thanks for the heads up Yomp. Will make sure to get one myself

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top
Ahh yes - thanks. Early morning typo....Yomp did say Saturday in his post. Cheers

Back to the top
Not knocking it, if I only had the spare cash, but more like a work of art, an investment, take it out in rain/sun and its ruined, useless as a mode of transport, which is what it actually is.

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

Not knocking it, if I only had the spare cash, but more like a work of art, an investment, take it out in rain/sun and its ruined, useless as a mode of transport, which is what it actually is.

Yes I totally agree. It's a complete liability!
However it did get wet on the shoot but I think it survived as it hasn't turned into a pile of brown dust :thumbs:

The owner drowned the underside in wax oil so its quite well protected.

Back to the top
Looking sweet.

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Fantastic Graham. Got to be the best Campaign Golf Gti out there. I can't believe the history it's like nothing else I've seen. My silver Campaign I recently sold had an unbelievable history but nothing like this. This needs to go in a museum not on the road lol! Just sit and stare at it like a piece of art.

Back to the top

Original Campaign

Shame they got a few facts wrong, but that's no surprise for the press! Lol

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Has it got the original tool for removing the Pirelli cap in the tool kit. If it has any chance you can show a pic to see if the one I have is the right one.

Back to the top
Loved the video apart from the bit where he pulled the handbrake on against the ratchet!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Oh WOW just read this… great find. Beautiful story to it. Looks lovely insde and out! Best of luck and sure it's in great hands.  :)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

jezzer said

Has it got the original tool for removing the Pirelli cap in the tool kit. If it has any chance you can show a pic to see if the one I have is the right one.

Not sure tbh. Didn't know they came with one! Have we found a floor?! The owner gave me a wooden wedge he had made to get them off. What do you have? it'll have a part number on it if its plastic and original.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.