Skip navigation

small stainless steel front & back bumpers hangers & rubber end stops

Back to the top
hi,
I'm doing a group buy with a german company call werk34 for their stainless steel bumper kit. Not to be confused with cheaper chrome dipped bumpers, these don't rust!!!
http://www.werk34.de/product_info.php/info/p16762_Small-Bumper-Kit--chrome-Golf-MK1-Version--Standard-.html
They are prepared to offer this kit for €400 +€40 posted if i get 4 or more people & without postage charge if theres 10 & if we get more they may even go lower, but they said find out numbers first!
At todays rate roughly 1.4 £to€, thats about £320, delivered to your house.
I would collect names & once we knew who was in id contact them & then you would individually pay them, & they would send them out to you, making the whole process painless!
So basically you'd be getting a full set of small stainless steel front & back bumpers, hangers & rubber end stops, for £320 these retail in the uk at £600
Post your name up if your defiantly interested, we've got 3 people already.
Thanks matt

Back to the top
Are they definately Stainless Steel?

Small Bumper Kit, chrome Golf MK1 Version "Standard"

I don't see anywhere it saying they are Stainless Steel.

Some of the others they have for sale also say "polished Alu" but with excellent chrome quality??

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
i saw that too, so when i spoke to someone there i asked & they assured me they are polished stainless steel, but I'm going to call them again to double double check today!

Back to the top
That's a good deal if they are SS; the cheapest I've found all the bits was about £580.

I could be tempted. Only downside for me is I'd have to cut the bumper mounting holes and re-spray the car again! 

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
spoke to werk34 today & 100% they are polished stainless steel!!! this is a wicked price from a very reputable company!!!

Back to the top
Put me down for a set of these… Great price if they are stainless…

Back to the top
If defo stainless steel then count me in please.

Back to the top
Count me in if they are SS and with all bits - Got quoted by VWH £465.00 all in for SS polished with fixing kits and rubbers (XMAS Promo)

Back to the top

small stainless steel front & back bumpers hangers & rubber end stops

If it's £320 delivered for a stainless steel set with all the trimmings as above I could be very tempted indeed!

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Mine arrived yesterday, I ordered them up about the same time this post was started.

I contacted them to confirm the material and they said these are stainless steel.

If you switch to the German language and translate that in to English it does say stainless. They just didn't put all the detail in the English description.

The end caps appear to be genuine VW as they have original part numbers pressed in.

I will see if I can get some photos up tonight :)I have chrome bumpers already so will compare them when I remove them at the weekend.

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top
Cheers RichG,
Can anyone who is serious about joining in with this group buy plz pm me with your full details, name, address & phone no.
thanks matt

Last edit: by wideboy

Back to the top
Please ado me to the list! How cheap can we get these for? Hoe many more people do you need to get a cheaper price. 

Many thanks 

Dom 

Back to the top
there gonna be £300ish without rubbing strips & I'm calling them tomorrow to find out how much with & as above if your serious then plz pm me with your full details.
thanks

Back to the top
Sent you PM.. cheers

Back to the top
Any updates on these ?

Back to the top
polished stainless steel bumper group buy!
new better price €380 for the kit, bumpers, hangers & end stops from €400, rubbing strip €37 each for cheap glue on ones from €49 or oem metal backed clip in ones €55 each from €79. postage is €40 each for 5 or under €20 each for 7 or free for 10 or more. atm were looking at 7 -8, if people don't drop out!
so for example with 7 people having the oem quality rubing strips, it works out to €510, which is roughly £370 posted to your house. ill be able to confirm no.'s soon!
also i need people to let me know which, if any rubbing strips they want too!
Anyone who has pm'ed me with their details, should have received a text, plz pm me if you haven't!
thanks matt

Back to the top
Really good price that!
I paid that nearly for the blades alone!

Back to the top
Its looking like we are going to make the 10 people needed to get free postage now, as long as nobody drops out!
So thats €490 (€380+2x €55) for the full set, bumpers, hangers, end stops & 2 x oe quality metal backed clip in rubbing strips for £350ish or €380 for the kit without rubbing strips for £271ish exchange rate dependable to your door!
Imho this is an amazing price for the full polished stainless steel bumper kit, not to be mixed up with the cheaper chrome dipped ones that rust!
Also you pay the company not me & they send it to you, all you need to do is pm me your details first! But if you want in you need to be quick!
thanks matt 

Back to the top
new update for caddy owners, we can offer, a front bumper kit for, €205 thats front polished stainless steel bumper, hangers & end stops. if you require rubbing strips there's 2 options, €37 for the cheap stick on one or €55 for the oe metal backed clip on one + no postage! thats roughly £185 exchange rate dependable to your door! but as i said if you want in you'll have to be quick! thanks matt

Back to the top
again anyone who is in & hasn't received my text plz pm me. thanks
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.